Revert to previous branch in git?
I know that it's unstable, and I respect the willingness to break things for progress (background loader), but the latest update broke too many things that I need. Is there an easy way to revert to the 2009-05-03 revision of Aeon?

I'm willing to re-download from scratch, but I don't see anywhere on github to even do that. I'm an SVN guy, so git is entirely new to me -- this has to be easy to do, I just don't know what command to use.
arosequi Wrote:I know that it's unstable, and I respect the willingness to break things for progress (background loader), but the latest update broke too many things that I need. Is there an easy way to revert to the 2009-05-03 revision of Aeon?

I'm willing to re-download from scratch, but I don't see anywhere on github to even do that. I'm an SVN guy, so git is entirely new to me -- this has to be easy to do, I just don't know what command to use.
When in git hub click on network and look for a user who has not recently branched from djh
click on the persons name and you can then download there version minus the updates that have recently screwed up so many things including my own xbox version it has set me back day's. i hope this is of help to you. Ps i sugeest the orange line nic wolf
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Or read the git docs...
In github, you can click on a change's description and you will be taken to a page where you can download a snapshot of the repo before that change (or maybe directly after the change). Either way, it worked for me.

Again, I appreciate all the effort and I didn't mean anything bad by this post -- I didn't think I was so reliant on Aeon that I can't use an unstable branch. Tongue
Oops.
Just to help anyone maintaining a copy of the github repository, being a git n00b I had to look this up. This command will revert your copy of the repository to the last commit on 5/3/09:

git reset --hard a4322471da1d593da16b0f49e1fddade8c785960

A simple 'git pull' will resync the very latest version again once djh is finished with his background loader merges....

Rgds,

Simon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revert to previous branch in git?0