Tutorial for creating a filter in music library party mode?
I Like Using Party Mode in my library (which i assume is basically a shuffle). But in my library I also have about 20 gigs of stand up comedy which I'd like to not play when I shuffle.

-All of my comedy is tagged under the genre "comedy". How do exclude this genre in party mode?
Use a smartplaylist. You can do this from the context menu while in partymode I believe, otherwise Playlists->Party mode playlist.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Use a smartplaylist. You can do this from the context menu while in partymode I believe, otherwise Playlists->Party mode playlist.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Any other wayto achieve this? Would love to exclude audiobooks (as itunes does). Any idea?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
If the audiobooks are tagged by genre or whatever, then yes, you can exclude them from the partymode playlist - it's just a smartplaylist.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i'm bumping this old thread because i have the same issue as the poster:

lots of music, some stand-up tagged as "Comedy", don't want it in party mode.
I don't see an option in the context menu during play that would achieve this...any ideas?
Little late I know, but look here (might help future googlers like myself).
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1855392
Loving party mode. Amazing that the default playlist selections I get from my music library is just three rules. Match genera, artist, less than year like the wiki states. I haven't actually opened the XML file to check that.
KODI 18 on a fire tv cube. Aura(18) skin. Trakt supporter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tutorial for creating a filter in music library party mode?0