• 4(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
buntsbergh Wrote:Is it possible to set-up a newcamd server on Ubuntu? Or do I need a dreambox of some sort?
Try happysat.org for info about CS.
This forum for linux CS
thanks,

I'll give it a try..
loeppel Wrote:AFAIK
1. yes
2. yes, but not the output of TV (in this case VDR is what you want)
3. yes, but needs a daemon which does the dirty work (newcamd protocol)

hope it helps

Well, I have a Nexus-S DVB-s card (rev2.3) and its loaded by default (i.e. does not need additional drivers to run under linux). this is my syslog when box boots:
Code:
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    8.923695] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.074333] saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.074559] dvb 0000:00:0a.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.074693] saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e0c46000 (revision 1, irq 18) (0x13c2,0x000e).
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.074727] dvb 0000:00:0a.0: firmware: requesting dvb-ttpci-01.fw
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.092968] usb 3-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.205851] DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev2.3)
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.246516] adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:08:11:0b
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.323495] lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.329490] lirc_mceusb2[2]: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb3:2
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.329560] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb2
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.450496] dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.476081] dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app 80002622
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.476085] dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer interface
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.524159] dvb-ttpci: Crystal audio DAC @ card 0 detected
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.525124] saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device video0 [v4l2]
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.525192] saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device vbi0 [v4l2]
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.954765] DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend -1712717825 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.955051] input: DVB on-card IR receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0a.0/input/input4
Jun 24 20:07:44 XBMC kernel: [    9.955414] dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.

I scanned the channels using manual scan and i got the channels.conf.. but where should that be copied?

also, in the UI, under configuration - DVB Adapters, i only have one pane on the left and it has only "ST STV0299 DVB-S", and when i click on the [+] next to it, nothing happens?

thanks all

EDIT: it was a browser related issue, when opening it in IE8 it did not work, but in FireFox it worked..

now to the diseq setup Smile
ptipton Wrote:Any plans to do this in the future?

Yes, i've actually got my hands on a analog adapter last weekend so there's a slightly
higher chance now.
got all running (tvheadend) .. but when accessing it from xbmc i get "Remote Share: Could not coonect to network server" ??
megacrypto Wrote:..but when accessing it from xbmc i get "Remote Share: Could not coonect to network server" ??

Same here. I'm running XBMC on Windows. There's probably no HTS support for Windows, yet.

bunts
andoma Wrote:Yes, i've actually got my hands on a analog adapter last weekend so there's a slightly
higher chance now.
That would be fantastic. A key functionality for me would be the ability to change channels on a external set top box using an irblaster.
ptipton Wrote:That would be fantastic. A key functionality for me would be the ability to change channels on a external set top box using an irblaster.

Actually I think I'm being stupid here. All my TV is satellite through a set top box which currently I feed to the s-video in of a PVR-150 but as it's an external feed I guess it doesn't matter whether it goes into an analogue or digital card? So what I need is the ability to see the s-video input and change channels on the set top box with the blaster. ( I wonder if it would be possible to use the channel changing script and lirc that is used with mythtv?)
Currently I get the epg by using TVXB ( under wine) to scrape the data from the website could this be used with Tvheadend?
megacrypto Wrote:got all running (tvheadend) .. but when accessing it from xbmc i get "Remote Share: Could not coonect to network server" ??

Same happened to me. You need to have a working IP in XBMC. Then you can access to channels and save the list in favorites (if you don't want to have a permanent network connection. Access from favorites seems not to check the network connection). May be there are other workarounds.
xbmc 9.04.1-jaunty1 reports that it cannot connect to the remote server using either the Video sub-menu or using a Favorite under the following LAN configuration:
- tvheadend and xbmc on the same box (with a private IP address)
- tvheadend and xbmc on different computers.

However after building from SVN today, there were no problems. Very fast change of channel indeed! Good work.

CPU usage for SVN is higher when watching live TV compared to playing back a previously recorded show. Is this expected?

Any possibility of being able to access the E.P.G. from within xbmc? If so W.A.F./S.A.F. would be very high!
Nice work, my EyeTV DVB-T Stick works perfectly with HowTo on the first page :-)

But i can't find any Option to turn on Deinterlacing for the LiveTV?
Any Suggestions?

Edit: Ok, forget it. It's not under the Video-Options, it must be set when playing a Video...
okay after setting up my dvbs card on debian (compiling new kernel for around 6 hours now, extracting firmwares from windows drivers and whatnot) im able to scan the transponders and get the channels up and running im not able to connect to the tvheadserver ...

is this a windows issue since i would love to use tvheadend with my xbmc installation. please please please dont tell me its only xbmc for linux right now!!!

a point in the right direction would be much appreciated!!
I thought i'd just post an update here since i've made a new release.

Lots of UI improvements in this release. Also added decent DiSEqC support (support for LNB switches) and ability to configure different types of LNBs.

All release info, tickets etc, can be found here:

http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/milestone/Tvheadend-2.3

-------

Most important changes (from the changelog):

* A simple web interface has been added. To access it, visit

http://host:9981/simple.html

This web interface is designed to be really tiny with only
a simple search field and options to record found shows.
Preferably used from handheld devices.

* All sensitive information (passwords, etc) are hidden from display
in the web ui. The text will still be displayed in cleartext when
editing.

* Redesigned the DVB configuration tab in the web userinterface:
- Each adapter have three (or four) tabs
o General setup and information
o Grid of multiplexes
o Grid of services
o For sattelite adapters, a sattelite configuration tab.

* Add support for disabling / enabling an entire DVB multiplex

* Add support for multiple DiSEqC switchports on a single adapter

* Add support for different sattelite LNBs

* Graceful handling of DVB adapters that does not support many
table filters in hardware. Tvheadend will rotate among the available
ones.

* Add support for enabling / disabling transports from the DVB configuration

* Make it possible to remove DVB multiplexes from the web ui

* Add 'Revert changes' button to all editable grids in the web ui

* Make it possible to disable the idle scan on per-DVB adapter basis.
The idle scan is a process to cycles through all multiplex to check
the quality for each mux continously.

* Hopefully fix some rounding errors in the EPG display. Ticket #69

* Use a ''livegrid'' (http://www.ext-livegrid.com/) for displaying EPG.

* Remove configuration and settings (/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend) on a
deb package purge operation. Ticket #73

* If the Program Stream Information changes during a subscription,
react and send a subscriptionStop + subscriptionStart.
This happens on SVT (in sweden) when the transmission switches
from local to nationwide broadcast (AC3 audio is only present
in nationwide broadcast)
Ticket #78

* Channel editor has been reworked a bit. It uses an editorGrid, similar
to how other grids work in Tvheadend. Tags are mapped inline using
a list-of-values combobox (http://lovcombo.extjs.eu/)

* Added a search IMDB direct link in the EPG window popup.
Ticket #79

* Add support for configuring DVB multiplexes by entering
all tuning parameters manually
Ticket #37

* Fix a bug causing channel <> tags mapping not to be restored on load.

* Add exponential backoff for reconnect attempt in code word client.
Ticket #80

* Try to detect duplicate EPG entries from the DVB feed and adjust
EPG accordingly. The EPG code will search for events with the same
DVB event ID +- 2 events from the current one. If the event id is
equal, the prvious (old) entry will be removed in favor of the new one.
Reason for not blindingly trusting the event id is that some networks
seem to (incorrectly) reuse IDs.
Ticket #65
That's a crazy and good work !!! Thanks to you !!!!
With this new version, is there a way to modify muxes tables. In fact when I add Hot Bird Satellite, all transponders have Horizontal polarisation, but it's a bug, somme must have vertical polarisation.

Thanks
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9