• 2(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
yeah can someone post a few screenies?
Hi

I've just released Tvheadend 2.2.

Changelog:

* Set $HOME so forked processes (XMLTV) will have correct environment
and to make the default storage of recorded videos to end up in the
correct place.
* Update built-in DVB mux presets to dvb-apps:1275:9655c8cfeed8
* Add -h option to display usage.
* Rewrite the internal streaming pipeline.
This is not externally visible, but needed for a future timeshifter.
* Make it compile on gcc 4.4
* Send 'source' and 'network' information in HTSP.subscriptionStart message.
* When deleting a channel any channel-bound autorecording would stay in
memory and, sooner or later, cause a crash. This has now been fixed.
* Add extra scan for XMLTV grabbers in $PATH. Apart from $PATH we also
scan in /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin
* Search for XMLTV grabbers in /usr/bin/perlbin/vendor (archlinux)
* Fix a bug causing DVB card which does not implement the
FE_READ_UNCORRECTED_BLOCKS operation to report insane amount of
forward correction errors.
Great job thanks andoma!
I have it working really well with dvb-t. Am really looking forward to trying this with dvb-s when I can select a different type of lnb.
Is it possible to easily set it in source and compile myself? I am running from svn already. If so can you point me in the right direction?

tvheadend is so simple to set up after using mythtv and vdr. haven't had a crash of stream yet and been running for about 14 hours with a fair bit of changing channels via XBMC.
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
The LNB configuration is found in src/dvb/dvb_fe.c

Code:
lowfreq = 9750000;
    hifreq = 10600000;
    switchfreq = 11700000;

hiband = switchfreq && p.frequency > switchfreq;

diseqc_setup(tda->tda_fe_fd,
         0, /* switch position */
         tdmi->tdmi_polarisation == POLARISATION_HORIZONTAL,
         hiband);

It should be rather straightforward to change these.
Btw, the frequencies are (obviously) in kHz.
Hi all

I'm new to XBMC, and trying to get DVB working.

I followed your suggestions here in page 1, installation went fine (using xbmc from official stable repository)
I also configured Tvheadend, being able to scan for channels (I see this via the Webinterface) and setting up accesses (one from my IP range, any user/pwd, being able to get streaming data)

Once I go back to xbmc and setup htsp:// source, the mediacenter is always unable to access the streaming.

Is there something missing ?
maybe htsp capability is only for unstable, bleeding edge builds ?
Shall I install also xbmc-standalone package, even tough I'm using xbmc on a full-feature desktop with proper window manager ?

Thank you for any suggestions !!
Fabio
Can I use this application with PVR-150? an analog TV tuner?
orduek Wrote:Can I use this application with PVR-150? an analog TV tuner?

Sorry but no, Tvheadend does not currently support Analog video adapters.
chareos Wrote:I followed your suggestions here in page 1, installation went fine (using xbmc from official stable repository)
Once I go back to xbmc and setup htsp:// source, the mediacenter is always unable to access the streaming.

Is there something missing ?
maybe htsp capability is only for unstable, bleeding edge builds ?
Looks like it only works from the SVN repository for now.
Follow my guide on page one...
andoma Wrote:Sorry but no, Tvheadend does not currently support Analog video adapters.

Any plans to do this in the future?
I have a problem with TvHeadEnd, in fact, I have a recognized DVB-S card, if I choose the Astra 1 19.2°E satellite, only one transpondeur is shown 12551 Vertical. Is there a way to update configuration files to have all the satelitte demuxes ?

Thanks
Same problem. Missing Astra 23.5E
Which files contain these configuration ? Are there updating online or offline ?
Something i found in tvheadend/src/linuxtv_muxes.h
OK this evening i'll try to modify this file ... I'll give you my experience back ...
I just saw this thread and I realy like the prog but I have the same problem as the others: For Astra-19.2E it adds only one mux and finds about 6 channels.
I checkt the dvb-utils package (where the data comes from), and it has for Astra-19.2E also only 1 data set, so the problem can not be found here.

I tested a scan with "scan" from the dvb-utils package and this on line initial tuning file, and it finds alle channels. So there is a problem with tvheadend and scanning.

I also tried the automated adding of muxes. This adds many muxes which contain almost all channels. The problem here is that there are many segfault probing, editing channels and so on. The current trunk has a problem with the WebUI, so I could not test the latest build.

Over all, I would say that this could be an alternative for vdr as tv service as it's realy easy to set up and I realy like the mkv recording. Integreated into the unified pvr, this will be realy great.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9