• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin
stacked Wrote:I just made an update. I added a dialog to warn users about private streams. You either continue to start the stream or exit. Under the plugin settings, there is an option to disable this dialog. By default, the dialog is enabled.

I am still curious on how you were able to play private streams because it's not possible.

I'm going to remove this code in the next update because I have confirmed that private JTV streams can not play in XBMC.

EvanXtreme Wrote:Was this ever possible or could it ever become possible? Today I set up a private stream of my living room on jtv. I access this from the bedroom fine but only if it's not private. What steps can I take to make this private but still have access through xbmc for the stream?

Not possible. Use a different streaming protocol. Try using VLC to setup a local MMS stream on your network.
i'm unable to view almost none of the streams (except from the occasional history channel). I rolled back to 1.4.12 was able to get a few more channel but still far less than what i got last week. Don't know if justin.tv is just getting slammed, but i'm still able to watch most of the streams on my computer. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. Anyway, still love the plugin (they just started the xmas special channel!)
skyerlopez Wrote:i'm unable to view almost none of the streams (except from the occasional history channel). I rolled back to 1.4.12 was able to get a few more channel but still far less than what i got last week. Don't know if justin.tv is just getting slammed, but i'm still able to watch most of the streams on my computer. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. Anyway, still love the plugin (they just started the xmas special channel!)

oh, I think it has something to do with the problems Justin.tv is having with their site.
http://justintv.uservoice.com/pages/17196-bugs

So there isn't much we can do.
Definitely see if i can submit (or find) the issue report. Thanks!
Can you put the plugin version Justin.tv_v1.4.14.zip on your sute? i can't download via svn repo, thank you
on the XBOX with rev 25010 it says the plugin is incompatible. Which version should I be using to make this work?
JoshP Wrote:on the XBOX with rev 25010 it says the plugin is incompatible. Which version should I be using to make this work?

There shouldn't be a compatiblity check because I took it off. Plus your build is new enough for the plugin.

Are you getting this warning from the plugin or the SVN Installer?
stacked Wrote:There shouldn't be a compatiblity check because I took it off. Plus your build is new enough for the plugin.

Are you getting this warning from the plugin or the SVN Installer?

SVN installer. I manually installed the plugin and it worked fine. Thanks
Hi stacked,

The plugin was working perfectly until today when none of the link do anything, no response. You can browse to the stream you want to play but the stream would not play...

Thanks.
Pinus2 Wrote:Can you put the plugin version Justin.tv_v1.4.14.zip on your sute? i can't download via svn repo, thank you

I just updated all the plugins on my google code page. I'll try to do this once a week or so. But you should use the SVN Repo Installer for the most recent changes.

http://code.google.com/p/plugin/downloads/list

isiddiqi Wrote:Hi stacked,

The plugin was working perfectly until today when none of the link do anything, no response. You can browse to the stream you want to play but the stream would not play...

Thanks.

The plugin was doing this a couple of days ago and then it started working again. It has something to do with the Justin.tv site. Just wait a while for Justin.tv to go through their changes.
last night, this plugin stop playing the channels, and only saw the pictures, but did not start playing, forgiveness for the translation, I am using a translator because I speak Spanish, I hope you understand what I try to describe .. .. greetings. this is the best plugin for xbmc i've seen, I hope it will function.

ayer dejo de funcionar este plugin, solo se veian las imagenes, pero no empezaba la reproduccion del canal, ojala y tenga solucion, es el mejor plugin que he visto para el xbmc, espero que lo puedan echar a trabajar.

pd: I have the latest xbmc v25010
I think Justin.tv is implementing some sort of authentication for their streams. And currently, XBMC can't authenticate rtmp streams. They are doing this so that you can't play their streams without being on the actual website. So, unless Justin.tv removes this protection or the rtmp lib is updated, this plugin won't work. Sorry Sad

This is the error I recieve when trying to play the rtmp stream without authentication:
Code:
DEBUG: Property: <Name: level,  STRING: error>
DEBUG: Property: <Name: code,  STRING: NetStream.Play.Failed>
DEBUG: Property: <Name: description,  STRING: ERR001: You must supply a valid token via NetStream.Authenticate.UsherToken>
It's not working for me currently either. I've seen this problem happen and then fix itself before as well. Like stacked said, it's probably on Justin.tv's end.

My error log generates:

Code:
18:33:34 T:2368 M:1647218688   ERROR: Unsupported video codec

Hopefully this can get resolved soon!

EDIT: Just saw stacked's post... aw man Sad
I hope this can be fixed!

Please keep us informed.
should update the rtmp lib in the next revision of xbmc, or if not send a ticket for the updates in some future version
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin9