• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin
For some reason, the plugin is not working for me. It loads up and shows all the categories, but when I pick a category there are no videos in it. When I pick "all" only 1 channel shows up.
Marrvia Wrote:For some reason, the plugin is not working for me. It loads up and shows all the categories, but when I pick a category there are no videos in it. When I pick "all" only 1 channel shows up.

It's working fine for me. Make sure that English is set under the plugin settings.
i doubt you are still awake at this hour but ive tried this to get into channel

http://www.justin.tv/slapnut to watch some wrestling

went to search on the plugin
put in the username slapnut
it finds the name and i select it
and then it crashes
any ideas why that might not work?

also when u do user search and put in the guys name and it finds it and i click on the name it also crashes xbmc completely
adambasord Wrote:i doubt you are still awake at this hour but ive tried this to get into channel

http://www.justin.tv/slapnut to watch some wrestling

went to search on the plugin
put in the username slapnut
it finds the name and i select it
and then it crashes
any ideas why that might not work?

also when u do user search and put in the guys name and it finds it and i click on the name it also crashes xbmc completely

I see what your talking about. I got that channel to work but when I tried it again, xbmc crashed. I'm not sure whether Justin.tv streams servers are just slow and causing xbmc to crash or that they changed the rtmp urls.

Just wait a while a see. Justin.tv is going through a lot of changes.
thanks for the quick responce Smile can you tell me what method you went thru to get it to work? was it the user search or the normal search and then what did you do?

thanks again
Im trying to get a TNA stream on also. It works for five minutes, then crashes my whole computer. Have to get up and manually restart the thing with the power button.

Cant watch the thing in 5 Minute segments, though. Not with Sting vs. Angle in a Cage next up. Big Grin
he6rt6gr6m Wrote:Im trying to get a TNA stream on also. It works for five minutes, then crashes my whole computer. Have to get up and manually restart the thing with the power button.

Cant watch the thing in 5 Minute segments, though. Not with Sting vs. Angle in a Cage next up. Big Grin

what xbmc build are you using? You need XBMC rev20937 or higher.
stacked Wrote:It's working fine for me. Make sure that English is set under the plugin settings.

That was the problem. It was set to Chinese. I don't know how, I swear I haven't touched those settings. Thanks!
stacked Wrote:what xbmc build are you using? You need XBMC rev20937 or higher.

Ah, okay. Thanks very much. Smile
Very cool plugin stacked!!!! great job I use it all the time. Im just having one issue, when i first picked all channels it worked fine but somehow it saved the results and the same channels with the same thumbnails come up everytime,sometimes a few of the channels change but a majority stay the same.Am I doing something wrong or is it jtv? i have the latest version of xbmc. I appreciate any help and thanks again for the plugin!
x2012x Wrote:Very cool plugin stacked!!!! great job I use it all the time. Im just having one issue, when i first picked all channels it worked fine but somehow it saved the results and the same channels with the same thumbnails come up everytime,sometimes a few of the channels change but a majority stay the same.Am I doing something wrong or is it jtv? i have the latest version of xbmc. I appreciate any help and thanks again for the plugin!

The plugin scrapes the jtv site, so whatever channels is currently listed on jtv, shows up on the plugin results.

But, there is a small issue with the thumbnails. jtv usually updates the preview thumbnail on every channel every minute or so. Since XBMC caches thumbnails, the thumbnails won't update to the current jtv thumbnail. I need to find a way to make xbmc refresh the thumbs.
Hardly a priority. Wink

As long as the thing works, and it seems to be doing that just fine.

Now I cant wait for the football seasons to start again.
he6rt6gr6m Wrote:Hardly a priority. Wink

As long as the thing works, and it seems to be doing that just fine.

Now I cant wait for the football seasons to start again.

Yea, same here. I only made this plugin to watch live sports. Rofl I'm watching for the nba season to begin.
i diddnt have this problem before..? it worked fine until jtv changed theyre website.it isint working right i have the same channels everytime and channels that should be on the first page arent theyre results i had from days ago. im just gunna reinstall the plugin and clear my cache and see what happens.(no luck...same channels i got from the first time i ran the plugin are still there) any suggestions?
x2012x Wrote:i diddnt have this problem before..? it worked fine until jtv changed theyre website.it isint working right i have the same channels everytime and channels that should be on the first page arent theyre results i had from days ago. im just gunna reinstall the plugin and clear my cache and see what happens.(no luck...same channels i got from the first time i ran the plugin are still there) any suggestions?

It should be working. Clear the cache and get the latest update (v1.4.5) from the svn repo.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin9