• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin
installed the update but im still getting the same channels and thumbnails from when i ran it the first time.it sucks that jtv changed theyre site around i had no problems before then =[ let me know if u can figure it out. thx for the help!
x2012x Wrote:installed the update but im still getting the same channels and thumbnails from when i ran it the first time.it sucks that jtv changed theyre site around i had no problems before then =[ let me know if u can figure it out. thx for the help!

I know there is a problem with the thumbnails updating, but there is nothing wrong with the channels. Browse to a section on jtv on your computer, then go to the same section on jtv (at the same time). Compare the channel titles and see if they match up.

Everytime you navigate forward on the plugin, it's actually downloading the current justin.tv page. So you should only be seeing whats on justin.tv.
i apologize you are right...it just got confusing with the same thumbnails lol sry bout that...and thank you very much again for the plugin!!
[Update 7/17/09 v1.4.6]
- fixed thumbnail problem; cache thumbnails are deleted when plugin starts

Rolleyes...I'm hoping there are no more bugs.
Stacked, I wanted to tell you personally thank you very much man.I know you have put a lot of work into this plugin and I'm positive we all appreciate the hard work.I don't have cable so this is the next best best thing and it is all I use so once again Thank You! ...(i hope I'm not overdoing it XD)
i updated the justin.tv script manually and now im getting this error
im using the latest version of xbmc for windows
XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2
XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2 is somewhere around rev 20850. It doesn't include the needed updates for this plugin. You can get win32 builds here and you can find updates for other platforms here

btw, has anyone notice that some channels cause xbmc to crash? I found a solution to the problem, but I want to make sure that other users are having the same problem.
yes stacked i am also having this problem...the loading symbol comes up then my xbox freezes and i have to restart.
I'll submit a patch to the xbmc trac tomorrow.
x2012x Wrote:yes stacked i am also having this problem...the loading symbol comes up then my xbox freezes and i have to restart.

Yes same here.

Thank you Stacked for your work.
Me to.But if am correct this can happens with all rtmp streams .Most of the time when a stream is down.And instead of a message can't open file or something it freezes xbmc.Got this by the way also on windows and screen turn white and crash xbmc.
Smile 
tikkiew Wrote:Me to.But if am correct this can happens with all rtmp streams .Most of the time when a stream is down.And instead of a message can't open file or something it freezes xbmc.Got this by the way also on windows and screen turn white and crash xbmc.

Yea. It seems to be happening when xbmc connects to a rtmp stream and the NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound event is sent back. I think xbmc continues to try and play the stream even though it doesn't exit. This causes the crash. The server is also suppose to send the NetStream.Play.Stop event to end the rtmp connection, but for some odd reason some rtmp streams like justin.tv don't. The workaround that seem to work was to make NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound one of the events to close the connection, preventing the crash.

line 665 from rtmp.cpp
Code:
else if (method == "onStatus")
  {
    CStdString code  = obj.GetProperty(3).GetObject().GetProperty("code").GetString();
    CStdString level = obj.GetProperty(3).GetObject().GetProperty("level").GetString();

CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG,"%s, onStatus: %s", __FUNCTION__, code.c_str() );
    if (code == "NetStream.Failed"
    ||  code == "NetStream.Play.Failed"
    ||  code == "NetStream.Play.Stop"
    ||  [b]code == "NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound"[/b]) // I added this line
      Close();
  }

I added that line above and it caused xbmc to stop the rtmp stream just like if the NetStream.Play.Stop event was sent and there wasn't a crash.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6924
The crashing problem was fixed. You will need to update XBMC to rev21803 or higher. Xbox users will have to wait until the fix gets merged into the xbox trunk.
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/21803
Dear All

I've T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142 running on a xbox connected to a LCD32".

in the system setting I've enabled 720p and 1080.

With this configuration the plugin is unable to play any stream.
If I uncheck the 1080 and I keep only the 720p everything is working; unfortunately my samsung LCD has got some bad quality problem with this confguration (it seems with "no focus")

any idea??
thanks

L.
id like to add it also crashes xbmc when a stream stops broadcasting this can be a big pain in the ass when you are watching a seetoo stream because the guy has to basicly restart broadcasting to start a new video

would it be possible do anything about that?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin9