• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin
radamantis007 Wrote:should update the rtmp lib in the next revision of xbmc, or if not send a ticket for the updates in some future version
Pretty new to the xbmc forum,so, is there anything that can be done to help get the rtmp lib update to be one of the top issues to be fixed for the upcoming major update. Justin.tv along the other plugin that stacked has created has made xbmc a major mainstay in my living room. Don't want to sound pushy towards an already great software, but Justin.tv is just that awesome.Nod
radamantis007 Wrote:should update the rtmp lib in the next revision of xbmc, or if not send a ticket for the updates in some future version

skyerlopez Wrote:Pretty new to the xbmc forum,so, is there anything that can be done to help get the rtmp lib update to be one of the top issues to be fixed for the upcoming major update. Justin.tv along the other plugin that stacked has created has made xbmc a major mainstay in my living room. Don't want to sound pushy towards an already great software, but Justin.tv is just that awesome.Nod

Sorry, I might have confused you guys. As of right now, there is no way to authenticate a rtmp stream in xbmc and there is no up coming update that will fix this. So, unless someone figures out a way to do this, the Justin.tv plugin will remain unusable. Don't count on this issue being resolved any time soon.
Man, thats really too bad. I was loving that plugin.
Is it strange that I had a stream working today? It was only one stream I could find working, but it reliably could start and stop. It's really too bad they've began blocking others.
Yeah, I tried a couple times throughout the day, and nothing. I guess it's time to see if there is another live streaming site that offers the same kind of content as Justin.tv ( While ChannelSurfing.net and ATDHE.Net plugins are awesome, most of the non sport channels don't work). In the mean time, I guess i need to reconnect my cable.
I agree this was an awesome plugin, so this is shitty news.

Hope it can be resolved sooner then later.
I'm quite a n00b to the XBMC plugin scene and had just stumbled upon the Justin.tv plugin in time to see it go down. My real point of interest is NHL hockey. Does anyone know of a plugin that currently works for NHL games?

I've tried ChannelSurfing.net but it appears it uses the Justin.tv feed. Anyone have any pointers?
anOriginalName Wrote:I'm quite a n00b to the XBMC plugin scene and had just stumbled upon the Justin.tv plugin in time to see it go down. My real point of interest is NHL hockey. Does anyone know of a plugin that currently works for NHL games?

I've tried ChannelSurfing.net but it appears it uses the Justin.tv feed. Anyone have any pointers?

I'd be curious about this as well. I'd love to get some kind of plugin that I could watch the NHL & NCAA basketball. It's tough having to move away from home and not being able to see my local teams anymore No
Most sport streaming sites like ChannelSurfing or atdhe use ustream and jtv. ustream playback on xbmc is really laggy and jtv streams don't work anymore. On top of that, ustream and jtv are starting to ban live sport streams. Confused
theclipper Wrote:I'd be curious about this as well. I'd love to get some kind of plugin that I could watch the NHL & NCAA basketball. It's tough having to move away from home and not being able to see my local teams anymore No

It may be Slingbox time.
I understand the Justin.tv plugin for Boxee is different than this one, but could something similar ever be done on xbmc. The boxee app still works fine.
Marrvia Wrote:I understand the Justin.tv plugin for Boxee is different than this one, but could something similar ever be done on xbmc. The boxee app still works fine.

I'm not sure on how boxee apps work.
Well boxee states that it's built off of the XBMC source code ( they even link to it when you ask for it) so could you exchange some of the files in xbmc for boxee? I'm goin to play around with some substitutions. Other than that, I currently trying to get my programmer friend to look at the files needed to get authentication. In the meantime, does anyone else have any programming friends that can take a look at it, because i can get more people helps i can probably get my friend to hop on this sooner.
the justintv app in boxee I believe either uses the boxee flashplayer app, or their built in mozilla browser with it just showing the video portion from the page. (xbmc has neither of these) That is why you still get the ads.

XBMC was getting direct access to the rtmp stream.

The one thing I was still wondering about as more of these sites are using the swf verification, is the missing functionality in rtmplib something that will ever be possible to add, or is working around this considered breaking the rtmp drm and would raise the hackles of adobe if distributed? (This happened once already, right)

I hope my basic explanation is correct, if not maybe someone that has a better understanding of interacting with rtmp streams can correct/expand what I've written.
badmoviesnbeer Wrote:the justintv app in boxee I believe either uses the boxee flashplayer app, or their built in mozilla browser with it just showing the video portion from the page. (xbmc has neither of these) That is why you still get the ads.

XBMC was getting direct access to the rtmp stream.

The one thing I was still wondering about as more of these sites are using the swf verification, is the missing functionality in rtmplib something that will ever be possible to add, or is working around this considered breaking the rtmp drm and would raise the hackles of adobe if distributed? (This happened once already, right)

I hope my basic explanation is correct, if not maybe someone that has a better understanding of interacting with rtmp streams can correct/expand what I've written.

I couldn't have said that any better. Thanks for that. Wink
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin9