Best Auriga Mod Pack from Skilled Skinners and Skin Modders?
No problem Smile
Viking Wrote:Djh,Hitcher,Cf2009,Raven,Imaginos and many more pro modders/skinners We all love your work..but for lame guys like me (I hope I speak for more similar "not so tecnical people") :/ its pretty hard to get it working with many mods..it allways comes up with a broken mod in some way when putting your stuff together Confused

I know you all have less time or maby no time over for requests like this but, plz, do us lame dudes a favor,

give us YOUR best "full Auriga skin & inclusive modpacks" with a bref description and a download link...

Best Regards

// SweViking

I actually have the same question. Would be great if someone could post a "best of" the mod world.

Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
There is no real "best of" mod, thus the reason I hi-jacked this discussion. Getting the work into a VCS (especially) like git would, in theory, allow the user to pick and choose which mods they want and create their own custom builds of a sorts.

For Gamester17; It'd be great to get Aeon in svn, but svn tends to lend itself better to managed projects such as base skin creation. For instance, an initial designer looking for a means to facilitate collaboration with a larger group of artists and developers. Git, on the other hand, is better suited to handle the uncontrolled or un-managed work that I'm seeing coming from the modding community. i.e. Changes that the designer of the skin may not necessarily agree with.
logictester Wrote:this made it very simple for me:

http://pragprog.com/screencasts/v-scgith...-to-github

forking and working is explained at 16:30 approx

just few notes, you go to aeon git and fork it by clicking on the fork icon, then you clone the fork to have it on your local pc, then you edit whatever files you want and update git - it will make the diffs, then every user can clone your git and simply do a git update to only update the diffs.
logictester Wrote:just few notes, you go to aeon git and fork it by clicking on the fork icon, then you clone the fork to have it on your local pc, then you edit whatever files you want and update git - it will make the diffs, then every user can clone your git and simply do a git update to only update the diffs.
That will update ALL the diffs... What if someone just wants some piece of code and not all of it, what's the procedure for that?

Also, one thing that bothered me when I first (quickly) tried it was that when I forked Aeon, all the branches were forked, how can I just fork the "auriga" branch? And if that ain't possible, how can I delete the "master" branch from my repository?
Nazgulled Wrote:That will update ALL the diffs... What if someone just wants some piece of code and not all of it, what's the procedure for that?

Also, one thing that bothered me when I first (quickly) tried it was that when I forked Aeon, all the branches were forked, how can I just fork the "auriga" branch? And if that ain't possible, how can I delete the "master" branch from my repository?

well since it's an entire skin then anything that will be changed by the creator will be updated when you do git pull, then you can take any part you want from your local up to date copy of the skin.

i think if you delect the branch you want you can fork only it and not all of the branches, i'm not sure though how you only remove a specific branch - maybe any other github user can help?
I'm not talking about the skin creator but for instance, a fork of the original project and I also have a fork of the original project. What if I want to add just a piece of code of someone's fork into mine? Do I have to do it manually or is there some special way to do that?
Nazgulled Wrote:I'm not talking about the skin creator but for instance, a fork of the original project and I also have a fork of the original project. What if I want to add just a piece of code of someone's fork into mine? Do I have to do it manually or is there some special way to do that?

Excuse me for highjacking my OWN thread Wink...just make a new branch in git hub with that NEW code by "others" and then naming it for ex : Mainmodname,master,ucos (ucos stands for = under construction open source) and after that update ucos branch manually with new code by requests. (only way I know of)

Btw..Bump..maby my request (thread title) was too much asking of you pro modders/skinners Huh
CCMatrix have started a github Big Grin...I hope there will be more in the future...
I can host all peoples files if needed let me know.
i started tweaking my build recently

i started with a clean aurgia pull from 2-3 days ago (not like it makes a diff when exactly since there hasn't been any changes to the code in like 2 weeks)

+ ccMatrix's native hd flaggin mod
+Weather Mod
+stenec's end time mod
+personal tweaks (check foldername instead filename for source flag .. don't distinguish between regular and hd for network flags)

i plan on adding the video trailer mod into the multiplex window in the future .. but that will have to wait till i'm back in the states in 3 weeks and i actually get trailers scraped .. for some reason in Poland they dont' scrape for me Sad

i also want to do something similar to clep's mod by making season level of tv shows a fixed list instead of wrap list however i use showcase and not multiplex at that level

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Auriga Mod Pack from Skilled Skinners and Skin Modders?0