Automatic video mode switching when loading game
no.

i designed it like it is because that's the way i like it... you are of course welcome to do alterations to the source code.

and may i ask: why would you like it to work that way?

(sorb @ oct. 26 2005,20:52 Wrote:hi,

this is my first post here. because there is only one option i am missing in xbmc.

i know that i can change the region setting for games to start with the default region. this is great so far. but would it be possible to do this only for specific gamesHuh

like i start all my games with the dash-default region when i hit the "a" button. when using the "white" button (or any else) a menu could pop asking asking for starting the game in it's own default region (like the switch i can enable in the settings). would something like that be possible?! it doesn't need to be stored or anything else... just for the game i just started.

if any more explenation is needed just ask!

thx for your patience!
sorb, i don't fully understand what you are trying to do. when you use the override menu(pressing the white button on a specific game), your launch setting is remembered and if you need to know the default video mode, just select "launch in" and it will tell you the default.
there's an option for auto switching games, and forcing 60hz games in pal60 or ntsc, but also needed is an option for autoswitching 50hz games into pal60/ntsc and visa versa
there is. disable autoswitching. eureka.

if you want to run your games pal games in ntsc, and your ntsc games in ntsc (obviously), you don't need any switching.

unless there's something i haven't thought of?

and there's always manual override.

no i have my console in pal60 which means when i play pal movies of 25fps then plays them, and when wants to play ntsc movies of 29.999fps then it switches itself to pal60.

if you put my console in ntsc i dont get this benefit

a simple 'force 50hz games in 60hz' and visa versa would fix this, as my post already explained
(filinc @ feb. 01 2006,00:45 Wrote:no i have my console in pal60 which means when i play pal movies of 25fps then plays them, and when wants to play ntsc movies of 29.999fps then it switches itself to pal60.
xbmc already does that if you in the video-settings selected "enable pal60", there are also options for:
"play ntsc videos at pal rates"
"play pal videos at ntsc rates"
"play ntsc videos in pal60"

ps! don't compare/confuse videos with games, it's not the same on the xbox; it is not possible to switch between ntsc and pal for videos like you can for games, you can only switch between pal(50) and pal60 on a pal box without using a third-party application like enigmah-video-switch (or avalaunch) to switch between pal and ntsc in the eeprom (which do require a restart or the xbe).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
please can we add an auto-force switch for all pal games in 60hz, as about 50% run in pal50, not all in pal60.

currently the only way is to keep switching back and forth in enigma.

and no its not a good solution to leave the console always in ntsc, as then one has to keep switching back for pal framerate movies

i would think this a comparatively simple thing to add, as there is already a switch to force already 60hz games in ntsc or pal60.
why would u like to run a pal game in ntsc when you can run it in pal, the res it was designed for?
@filinc:

why do you need to switch back to pal for pal framerate films? i'm running it in ntsc at 720p and find it plays pal movies without any artifacts of any kind.
(spiff @ feb. 28 2006,16:34 Wrote:why would u like to run a pal game in ntsc when you can run it in pal, the res it was designed for?
60fps instead 50fps, 20% faster

then runs like us/jap version speedwise
(diggedy @ mar. 01 2006,03:20 Wrote:@filinc:

why do you need to switch back to pal for pal framerate films? i'm running it in ntsc at 720p and find it plays pal movies without any artifacts of any kind.
runs jerky

pal = 25fps
ntsc = 23.3 or 29.9fps

pal50 and pal60 autoswitching (which is already in the program) resolves this perfectly, so no manual switching neccesary

well sure the xbe's might run at 60hz, but all video media will be jerky as hell. i, as in me, won't add this for sure.
(spiff @ mar. 01 2006,17:45 Wrote:well sure the xbe's might run at 60hz, but all video media will be jerky as hell. i, as in me, won't add this for sure.
dont really see the big issue adding this feature, as its a comparitively easy thing to add considering the complexity of xbmc

i have never had a pal game with video run jerky in ntsc, with 100s of games i have run, there just isnt the issue you mention

adding this feature is a neccesity, and there's no logical evidence not to have it

most games are meant for 60hz ntsc and only converted to pal later for european users
failing that, a force 50hz option would be good also, as there's some emulators that need to be run in 50hz and would again save switching the console manually
some hdtv users may be aware as i am how annoying ms was on their design's of v1.6 xbox's and that awful xcalibur chipset. some games like panzer dragoon and jet set radio future will not work properly in 480p mode, and, come to think of it, neither will some emulators.

i was wondering if it was possible to do something in xbmc where i can set up games (or emulators) to only run in 480i mode while the rest can still run in 480p without having to constantly switch these in my mod's bios. (somehow stop the games xbe from seeing that 480p is an option for it to run?) that would be an awesome feature, i think, for 1.6 hdtv xbmc users, though i realize that the number of us may be quite small and this wouldn't exactly be a priority. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic video mode switching when loading game0