[AppleTV] Harmony Remote Mapping (switched from Xbox XBMC)
Hi Everyone,

Pardon my newb-ness, but I'm having some difficulty setting up my Harmony remote on my Apple TV to act as it did on my Xbox. There are just a few things missing that would make this a fabulous replacement media center.

- While playing a movie, I used to use the UP/DOWN arrows as chapter skips. Now they default to XBMC volume, it seems.
- MENU used to go back to the main (parent) menu, now it acts like "Previous"
- INFO used to scan a folder into the library...inactive now.
- GUIDE used to act like a right-click and give me other options, such as the ability to set a default source directory. Now this button is inactive.

I read about the solution for Mac Mini, but didn't find any solution for the Apple TV + Harmony. Are these just keymap issues?

Any thoughts or help are much appreciated!
In contrast to the Mac-version of XBMC, there's currently no specialized Harmony support on the AppleTV.

Besides that there are a few options:
a) use the Harmony as an AppleRemote replacement. Sounds like this is what you currently have. Now you can remap 8 buttons to meet you requirements with help of Keymap.xml

b) program the Harmony as a different remote (e.g. a TV) and use the "Learn Remote" feature on the ATV. This gives you the default AppleRemote buttons + a few extra ones like FF, Play, Stop, etc. Those can again be remapped.

c) Universal mode: use the Harmony as an AppleRemote, enable Universal mode in Launcher->Settings and program "universal commands". Essentially universal commands are just multiple button presses that are recognized as one command. There's some information about it in Launchers wiki and in this forum.

HTH,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you!

This has given me a head start into figuring this thing out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Harmony Remote Mapping (switched from Xbox XBMC)0