Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-2009
If you add "free" you must add "libre" as well so people don't get money stuck on the mind... IMO the original is fine.
I've PM'd you all an email address for your originals.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So, I know its too late, but I was out of town and wanted to post mine anyway, maybe you could use it for something else... here it is:

Original is 18x24 inches @ 300dpi.
Nice work Arcanthur. If you want to send me the original PSD, I'll save it for future use Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

oooo... very pretty, Arcanthur. I like it! What program did u use to make it?
Yeah, very nice. Should get lots of attention and includes pictures from different skins not just one. Really nice poster.
lordxenosi Wrote:oooo... very pretty, Arcanthur. I like it! What program did u use to make it?

Thanks, it was just done in Photoshop.
rwparris2 Wrote:If I click it and go to imageshack the biggest I can get from what you posted is 450x600.

If you need somewhere to upload them PM me and I can give you an FTP address. That goes for everyone.

To do an 8x10" print, it would need to somewhere around 2500x3200px... which is pretty small for a poster.

Of course they can be stretched but I hate to make ugly prints on such a nice Xerox machine</endplug>

Don't forget that they should be around 300ppi as well, assuming you're going for a standard poster. As a Photographer, I print 13x19 up to 24x36" posters, and most people don't fathom the size required for that. 24x36 would be around 7200x10800 px, and uncompressed would probably be around 150-300MB

Some of these ideas are great, but you guys gotta make them HUGE for a poster. Most of the fanart/backgrounds/images on here are barely high-res enough for a 13x19 poster, let along something that will most likely be the final result.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:Don't forget that they should be around 300ppi as well, assuming you're going for a standard poster. As a Photographer, I print 13x19 up to 24x36" posters, and most people don't fathom the size required for that. 24x36 would be around 7200x10800 px, and uncompressed would probably be around 150-300MB

Some of these ideas are great, but you guys gotta make them HUGE for a poster. Most of the fanart/backgrounds/images on here are barely high-res enough for a 13x19 poster, let along something that will most likely be the final result.

Well... they were done at 600ppi for this particular machine, but they're already done and in the mail Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
How about 'Free your Creativity'
XBMC
Quote:The contest ends at GMT24:00 on 6 June, 2009
Rolleyes
Damn! I missed it! ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-20090