Movie trailers
I am now to the point where I would like to attach movie trailers if possible. I'm not sure what I need to do or where to get them. I'm sure this must be in the wiki somewhere, but it seems I am hopeless and finding it. If someone could outline the process or post a shortcut to the wiki section I would be much appreciative.

Thanks
Getting Trailers:

http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

hands-down the best site, IMO...

Whatever trailers you can't get from there you could search on youtube or other video sites, or even rip them from the DVD if you have it.

To get them working:
RockDawg Wrote:If you place the trailer in the same folder as the movie and name it <moviefilename>-trailer, XBMC will play it when you click on 'Trailer" from the Movie Info screen. If the movie was previously scanned into the library, you will need to refresh it for XBMC to find the new trailer.

Example:

If the movie file is Twister.avi then you would name it Twister-trailer.mov
If the movie file is Twister\VIDEO_TS.ifo then you would name it VIDEO_TS-trailer.mov
movie-trailer.mov will also work if you have each movie in it's own folder nice and proper. :p
hikaricore Wrote:movie-trailer.mov will also work if you have each movie in it's own folder nice and proper. :p

I could never be sure if that worked or not...Thanks for that though, will rename my trailers.
I only figured it out due to having really long movie titles and being lazy as hell.
There's like one thread on this entire board where it's mentioned.
Thanks, let me try this out.
This all seems to work, and Daves trailer page is pretty good. Any other sites where I can download trailers from?
Is there any way to get it streaming down when you puch the trailer button?
provide the trailer's url in an nfo file
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
How? I made a .nfo file with the same name as the movie and put a youtube link in the file, but nothing hapend when i chose trailer in the information page for the movie. Shuld i write something else than just the link in the nfo file? I also tryed to ad moviename-trailer to the nfo files name but that didnt help
Can any of the media managers grab the trailers from davestrailer page rather than having to download these manually?
wstewart Wrote:Can any of the media managers grab the trailers from davestrailer page rather than having to download these manually?

Good question. I've been waiting for an automated way of grabbing trailers for some time now.
Hi all,

I've been poking around the forums a little trying to find a nice automated way to download trailers for all my movies and have them available when i open the movie information. Does anyone know if there is a script or something that achieves this?
Take A look at this, :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348
Maybe i'm doing something wrong but i'm running that tool and it's creating .nfo files fine but none of the nfo files have a reference to a trailer which i assumed is what i was trying to do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie trailers0