• 1(current)
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)
Big Grin 
Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback over the last few days and all the help in tracking down bugs and issues. I've managed to deal with most of them (I think) and have also made a few improvements and tweaks which will hopefully add to the skin.

The main changes are as follows:
  • Added: Initial version of shutdown timer (with options at 15 minute intervals)
  • Added: Support for genre poster packs within List, Low List and High List views
  • Added: Title information to the Minimal Video OSD
  • Added: Option to Hide Weather Fanart
  • Added: Displaying of Star Rating image to the info on the Music Vis (to make it easier to adjust rating)
  • Added: Larger version of Arial font
  • Added: 31 more studio logos
  • Added: Credits in skin.xml for all those who have helped out with translations
  • Added: Italian translation (thanks to ZIOLele)
  • Added: German translation (thanks to Haggy)
  • Updated: Tidied up the displaying of backgrounds for video and music playlists
  • Updated: Tidied up Kai Toast dialog (used for shutdown timer messages etc)
  • Updated: Tidied up Video OSD to work better when using larger fonts
  • Updated: Widened the list area for the High List view when looking at TV Episodes
  • Updated: Duplicated the 'Watch your' strings so that they are easier to translate
  • Updated: System Info screen now shows more platform specific info
  • Updated: Tidied up displaying of thumbs in File Browser
  • Updated: Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
  • Fixed: Displaying of 9 key in numeric dialog
  • Fixed: Navigating to/from scrollbar in Select dialog
  • Fixed: Navigation to/from the Tracks/Members lists in the Artist/Album info dialogs
  • Fixed: Info displayed in list views when viewing pictures
New Shutdown Timer:

New Minimal Video OSD for TV Episode:

Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last week or so (since the changes to XBMC to allow background loading of multiimages). A new version of t3ch was released for xbox on 21st May, any earlier t3ch builds will not work with the skin.

If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you'll probably find that none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned. Shocked

If you really have to run an old version (or you run PLEX which doesn't support the newer features that XBMC does) then have a look at this thread - Temporary Fixes for Older XBMC Builds

Genre Poster Packs
In this version I've added support for Genre Poster Packs (such as the one in this thread - Movie Genre Posters). To take advantage of this feature please see this thread - MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs

Feedback
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.

Have fun and enjoy!

-------------------

Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.86

Background Images
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.

I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.

Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds

The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks, Moviegenres works great !!!
Excellent, glad you like it Nod
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Great work .. once again

thank you
something I noticed last night on .81 (am still at work so I can't check the new version) but when I went to browse movies by year, a blank screen showed up, whereas I was able to browse by year using MediaStream.

Also, is there a way to update the skin, without losing my skin settings, such as where the background images are coming from? Are those settings stored in the skin, or are they stored in the general XBMC settings?

Thanks so much
feerlessleadr Wrote:something I noticed last night on .81 (am still at work so I can't check the new version) but when I went to browse movies by year, a blank screen showed up, whereas I was able to browse by year using MediaStream.
I haven't tested it but I did do some changes to the backgrounds code for videos so hopefully it works better now.
feerlessleadr Wrote:Also, is there a way to update the skin, without losing my skin settings, such as where the background images are coming from? Are those settings stored in the skin, or are they stored in the general XBMC settings?

Thanks so much
All those settings are stored in your userdata folder so deleting the skin/MiniMeedia folder and replacing it with the new one won't affect those at all. TBH you can just copy the new one over the top of the old one anyway.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I haven't tested it but I did do some changes to the backgrounds code for videos so hopefully it works better now.

All those settings are stored in your userdata folder so deleting the skin/MiniMeedia folder and replacing it with the new one won't affect those at all. Tbh you can just copy the new one over the top of the old one anyway.

beautiful...thanks so much for your help
Some pictures for in the gallery.(Genre thumbs)

Great release, thank you!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks for this lovely skin, have been always fan of MediaStream, and minimalistic version of it is just perfect.

Anyway, how can I add custom studio logos? I'm particulary looking for The CW, The WB studios for TV-Shows, can they be included in some future build? Thanks very much.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Thanks for this lovely skin, have been always fan of MediaStream, and minimalistic version of it is just perfect.

Anyway, how can I add custom studio logos? I'm particulary looking for The CW, The WB studios for TV-Shows, can they be included in some future build? Thanks very much.
I've got a few more studio and network logos to add for the next release so hopefully those are included.

Do you have links to images of those logos? If so then they'll almost certainly be included in the next release
Unfortunately I don't know studio/network logo picture resolution/size rules neither do i know how to extract .xpr file.

original logos:
The CW logo here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_CW.svg
The WB: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikinews/en/.....logo.gif
After playing around with this release i found a few things (mostly profile related):

Pressing right to access the profiles menu doesn't work you have to press enter.

Activate "Login screen" does seem to work (had to go to PM3.HD to activate this).

The shutdown timer moves to the log off icon when there's more than one profile.

Some characters dont show when highlighted, works fine on the PC but not on the XBox. (all other previous releases have this bug)

Other minor stuff:
In system info fan speed has an extra ":" and there are some other labels missing the ":"

I also suggest that the "restart" in power menu should be changed to "restart xbmc" like in the shutdown menu.

Thanks again skunkm0nkee for this amazing skin Nod

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Unfortunately I don't know studio/network logo picture resolution/size rules neither do i know how to extract .xpr file.

original logos:
The CW logo here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_CW.svg
The WB: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikinews/en/.....logo.gif
Done, those have been added for the next release.

Thanks Big Grin
xbs08 Wrote:After playing around with this release i found a few things (mostly profile related)
Thanks for the feedback xbs08 Big Grin

I'll have a look into each of these shortly and hopefully have them fixed for the next release.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)1