• 2(current)
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Done, those have been added for the next release.

Thanks Big Grin

Awesome, thanks! Cool
xbs08 Wrote:After playing around with this release i found a few things (mostly profile related):

Pressing right to access the profiles menu doesn't work you have to press enter.
I've tidied up the navigation for this. (You can't press right but at least the arrow doesn't make you think you can)

xbs08 Wrote:Activate "Login screen" does seem to work (had to go to PM3.HD to activate this).
Oops! I had it in the wrong place. It's now moved back up a screen to sit beside the Profiles menu.

xbs08 Wrote:The shutdown timer moves to the log off icon when there's more than one profile.
Fixed for next release.

xbs08 Wrote:Some characters dont show when highlighted, works fine on the PC but not on the XBox. (all other previous releases have this bug)

No idea why that might be as it should be the same font and same code on both?

xbs08 Wrote:Other minor stuff:
In system info fan speed has an extra ":" and there are some other labels missing the ":"
The way the system info screen now works it picks up ALL the labels, captions and values from XBMC itself (other than the XBMC and MiniMeedia version details at the bottom) so if there are any dodgy ones then it is most likely an XBMC issue. Can you check the same system info in PM3.HD and see if you get the same problems there?

xbs08 Wrote:I also suggest that the "restart" in power menu should be changed to "restart xbmc" like in the shutdown menu.
Done.

Thanks again for the excellent feedback, it makes it a pleasure to develop and fix these issues when they are explained so clearly Big Grin
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The way the system info screen now works it picks up ALL the labels, captions and values from XBMC itself (other than the XBMC and MiniMeedia version details at the bottom) so if there are any dodgy ones then it is most likely an XBMC issue. Can you check the same system info in PM3.HD and see if you get the same problems there?
Just had another thought about this - I guess these extra and/or missing colons etc are happening in the Portuguese translation?

JMarshall updated the English XBMC strings.xml a while back to remove a lot of these colons and updated the way the System Info works in accordance with those changes. I guess the Portuguese version of the XBMC strings.xml might not have been updated to match these changes?
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
I love this skin and it works great on the xbox. Hope to see it continually improving and working with the xbox. Thank you guys Wink
willers.nail Wrote:I love this skin and it works great on the xbox. Hope to see it continually improving and working with the xbox. Thank you guys Wink

You're welcome, hopefully it will! Cool
I love this skin. Thanks again for your great work! I have one question:

I'm using the german translation and "watch your" is not translated anymore.
How can i change that? Has it something to do with the duplication of the 'Watch your' strings?
If you see the two screen shots

you will see that the folder icon is missing when it is the selected in the poster info view. it is visible when the scroll over to the next poster in either direction.

I have Hide Parent Folder Items Disabled so this should. It seems to have broken between 0.81 and 0.86

[INDENT]Image Image
[/INDENT]

Let me know if you can repro it. I upgraded by deleting the dir and unzipping the new MiniMeedia dir in the skins folder.

Thanks
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Just had another thought about this - I guess these extra and/or missing colons etc are happening in the Portuguese translation?

JMarshall updated the English XBMC strings.xml a while back to remove a lot of these colons and updated the way the System Info works in accordance with those changes. I guess the Portuguese version of the XBMC strings.xml might not have been updated to match these changes?

You're right, it's the Portuguese translation Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Also do think it will be possible to mark certian Genre's as favorites. So they can show up in the movies submenu?

The reason I ask I have multi-lingual library, for which I use "Genre" to differentiate. As there is no "Language" field in the DB.

So I have different smart playlists and added them to the Submenu by modifying the Home.xml. Is this a feature that can be added at all?

Language one's play list is "select all movies whose Genere = Language1"
Language two's play list is "select all movies whose Genere = Language2"
English Movies' play list is "select all movies whose Genere != Lang1 or Lang2"

Thanks
feikenberg Wrote:I love this skin. Thanks again for your great work! I have one question:

I'm using the german translation and "watch your" is not translated anymore.
How can i change that? Has it something to do with the duplication of the 'Watch your' strings?

Yes, you'll have to go to MiniMedia/Language/Dutch and add them to the strings.xml

PHP Code:
<string id="31009"></string> <!-- used for Movies -->
<
string id="31010"></string> <!-- used for TV shows -->
<
string id="31011">Kijk je</string> <!-- used for Videos --> 

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks, Strings 31010 and 31011 where empty in the German translation. Fixed that now.
thanks for the great skin.
i've found a problem with the OSD playback-buttons in TV-Shows while "Minimal Video OSD" is activated. Because of the Season and Episode Information they overlap.

manojav Wrote:If you see the two screen shots

you will see that the folder icon is missing when it is the selected in the poster info view. it is visible when the scroll over to the next poster in either direction.

I have Hide Parent Folder Items Disabled so this should. It seems to have broken between 0.81 and 0.86

[INDENT]Image Image
[/INDENT]

Let me know if you can repro it. I upgraded by deleting the dir and unzipping the new MiniMeedia dir in the skins folder.

Thanks
Fixed for next release.

manojav Wrote:Also do think it will be possible to mark certian Genre's as favorites. So they can show up in the movies submenu?

The reason I ask I have multi-lingual library, for which I use "Genre" to differentiate. As there is no "Language" field in the DB.

So I have different smart playlists and added them to the Submenu by modifying the Home.xml. Is this a feature that can be added at all?

Language one's play list is "select all movies whose Genere = Language1"
Language two's play list is "select all movies whose Genere = Language2"
English Movies' play list is "select all movies whose Genere != Lang1 or Lang2"

Thanks
You can already add Genre's as favourites? If you are asking for those favourites to show up in the main menu on home then, no that won't happen. (Not unless you want to get your hands dirty and update the Home.xml code yourself)

You can update your keymap to have a keypress which will bring up the favourites list in any screen though and that should mean you can access your favourite Genre's from any screen.

thonton Wrote:thanks for the great skin.
i've found a problem with the OSD playback-buttons in TV-Shows while "Minimal Video OSD" is activated. Because of the Season and Episode Information they overlap.

Damn, forgot about that when I updated the Minimal Video OSD Eek

Have fixed it for the next release.
Now that your working on the new showcase view i would like to request some sort of feature that allows fast scrolling, normally showcase views tend to have slow scroll because of the fanart loading times, something like skin Focus fanart view would be great.

Personally i prefer views with several posters visible, like minimeedia poster info view, because they are easier for children that dont know how to read to chose the movie they want to see Big Grin

skunkm0nkee Wrote:You can already add Genre's as favourites? If you are asking for those favourites to show up in the main menu on home then, no that won't happen. (Not unless you want to get your hands dirty and update the Home.xml code yourself)

You can update your keymap to have a keypress which will bring up the favourites list in any screen though and that should mean you can access your favourite Genre's from any screen.

That is what I do, I apply a patch of a diff to Home.xml everytime there is new skin :-). But thats no biggie.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.86 Released (01/06/2009)1