[MAC] Digital Audio Output Options for G4 Mac Mini?
Question 
I loved XBMC on my old XBox and now I'd like to put my old Mac Mini into the rack for HD output.

I've verified that the video works find but I don't know what my audio options are. These Minis did not have digital out so I assume I'm going to attach a USB sound device to get 5.1 digital output.

Most of these devices don't even mention Mac support so I thought I'd ask here about preferred options and pre-Intel Mac limitations.

Thanks!
Sorry to self-reply but with several days, 49 views and no replies, I take it this is an unsolvable issue.
see if you can find an old M-audio USB trasit(or transmit) interface. they should still have PPC drivers and will give you an optical output. I used on just for that on a G4 mini
Time to upgrade my friend.
The headphone plug is also a digital audio out on Intel mac mini, you just need an adapter from best buy to make it work.

EDIT: I just saw the G4 tidbit...sorry.
Thanks for the help, folks.

I did find some M-Audio solutions but, given their price, and upgrade would make more sense. But it would be nice to use this little box that's not doing anything else.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Digital Audio Output Options for G4 Mac Mini?0