Differences between SMB, XBMS, and XNS?
could anyone tell mw what advantages there to each. i use smb, but i have directories with hundreds of files and it takes a while to show the directory. is there any plan for media center to implement a media library like winamp and itunes have, where all your media information is stored in a database and is quickly retrieved?
1. wrong forum :p (moving to support (help)
2. hard to tell in detail you should read a bit in the forum or try all protocols to see which one you like the most (hint: xns is not very good supported by xbmc right now, a fix is on its way tho).
3. there is already a databse for music info in xbmc. and it is the solution to your "slow directory listing over smb issue". Smile
disable id3 tag reading in the settings and scan you mp3 folders once (scan button in my music). this will add all id3 infos into a databse and use them instead of reading it over and over again from the files.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Differences between SMB, XBMS, and XNS?0