New Version Available, Please Go To: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55311
Transparency! - A Fanart Skin (updated to v0.27 on 2009-06-25)
For me, the beauty of PM3.HD has always been the fanart view modes. Some time ago i was thinking, why not display the fanart fullscreen instead of on just a part of it.
After modifying some xml files, the result turned out so well i got the idea of doing the same for the other view modes as well.
And before i knew it, i was doing an almost complete redesign of the PM3.HD skin.
I've removed as much textures as possible to create more room for fanart and replaced the rest of the textures with transparent ones, to give it a clean look and again...to show more of the fanart.
Along the way, i've implemented a lot of mods found elsewhere on this forum, a short list (credits where credit's due):
- Media Flagging for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Genre Folder Icons for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Weather Fanart based on current weather conditions
- Home Weather Background based on current weather conditions
- Animated Weather Icons in Home and MyWeather
- CD / DVD Case
- Movies / TV Shows in Home Menu
- Horizontal Home Menu
- ClearArt for TV Shows, visible on the info window and when pausing an episode.
- cdArt with added animations
- Recently added Movies, Episodes and Albums on the Home Screen.
Most of these mods can be disabled / enabled through the skin settings, in fact the Home Menu is fully customizable, you can add or remove every item there.
A few more tweaks i've implemented along the way:
- Fanart in Filemode
- Fanart for Games
- 3D Coverflow view for Artists and Songs
- Fanart view for Songs
- Icon view for Albums (similar to DVD Thumb view)
- Moved System Info to the Settings section instead of Shutdown Menu
- Replaced the weird 'octopus-like' OSD with a regular Dialog Menu
- Fully hide the Left Menu on all pages, it slides in when needed
So finally, a download link. Everything mentioned above is included (weather fanart package, media flags, genre icons, etc..) and enabled by default,
so it should work right out of the box. Get Transparency!: here.
- fixed left menu is now mouse compatible
- added show fanart for Games and Programs
- added cdart with animations
- added option to show clearart for tv shows
- added media flags to all views and info window during playback
- added a trailer flag in to indicate if a movie trailer is available
- added option to use Videos in Filemode
- added option to add Video Plugins and Apple Movie Trailers to the Home Menu
- added support for the new media flagging code
- fixed small issue with animated weather icons
- fixed xbox crash when opening system info
- fixed issue with custom backgrounds for videos, movies & tv shows
- added custom shutdown menu (incl. restart xbmc, system info, filemanager)
- added optional wide home & side menu buttons
- added option for larger font (thanx tikkiew)
- added option to disable animated weather icons
- fixed texture corruption on xbox
- fixed xbox crash when opening the weather page
- initial release
Thanx to: Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
Extra Special Thanx to: dynamix - for hosting Transparency!
Joined: Jan 2009
2009-06-02 17:47 [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 Post: #1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(This post was last modified: 2009-08-28 10:48 by ronie.)
Joined: Jan 2008
2009-06-02 19:01 Post: #2
What a nice mod, love what i see. Gonna check this asap, thanks man!
Team-XBMC Forum Moderator
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Floyds Knobs, IN
2009-06-02 20:57 Post: #3
I have to say, just from the screens, it looks nice, and I'm sure many will appreciate the mods that you've included. And music fanart at the song level, nice. Looks promising, I'll have to give it a try.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first
Joined: Jan 2008
2009-06-02 22:30 Post: #4
I've noticed this mod isn't compatible for the xbox platform as i get corrupted textures. When using it on windows all seems well.
Would love to use it on the xbox, as i think this will run very smooth on the old machine. Any ideas to get it to work?
Joined: Jun 2008
2009-06-03 01:17 Post: #5
This looks really nice, will give it a try 12 minutes to download!
Joined: Jun 2008
2009-06-03 02:57 Post: #6
This is an amazing skin! I am not sure if the is a feature of the new XBMC build but the scrolling through movies/tv shows is extremely smooth. Run amazing on AppleTV. There use to be a delay when scrolling in library mode, especially with fan art enabled.
Joined: Sep 2007
2009-06-03 04:22 Post: #7
dynamix Wrote:I've noticed this mod isn't compatible for the xbox platform as i get corrupted textures. When using it on windows all seems well.
I'm getting this as well.
Extracted the textures and then compressed them again.
Less errors but still can't load a movie or TV section without corruption though home screen and settings work better after recompressing.
Hope someone has a fix cause this looks amazing.
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
Joined: Feb 2008
2009-06-03 05:18 Post: #8
This mod is excellent and get's high rating's in the all important wife acceptance factor.
I have one problem concerning fan art in file mode though.
In my TV directory I use the scrapper to get the show info, fanart, and banners and it works beautifully. My problem is in the movies directory where I use media companion to gather the info, it does not show the fanart. If I browse for it, it shows the current fanart being used as the correct one and I can navigate to the appropriate folder and choose it manually, but it won't show up for some reason.
Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated as this looks like my new skin of choice.
And thanks for the awesome work!
edit: Actually I am getting the fanart in the movies directory but it is only showing up once in side the folder. It looks linked to the video file rather than the folder. (I must be doing something wrong I just can't figure it out, sorry).
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
(This post was last modified: 2009-06-03 14:45 by treefour.)
Joined: Jun 2006
2009-06-03 05:49 Post: #9
Its nice not really pm3 anymore (from the screenshots) kind of reminds me more of minimedia skin
You should rename it and call it a new skin to be honest
Skins I have done....
And others in the past...
Want to know what I'm working on currently? Check me out on Google+
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
2009-06-03 06:07 Post: #10
Great skin here Ronie!
I love the transparent look and I feel just like you when the only views I like are focused on fanart. I noticed you used the background="true" and I did see a difference on my htpc.
A few things I noticed were a small glitch in the fanart for songs. I am guessing it is because it is often loading the same image mulitiple times for artists with several songs. This is the reason I haven't been using it myself. Any suggestion on a solution, because I think it is a great feature.
I also noticed from your screenshots you had the tv network on the episode level, but it did not show for me when I tried it out. I wasn't aware it was available beyond the tv show lever....can you confirm? Or is it set to be visible based off of another factor such as 720p will show ABC HD?
Thanks again for the great skin and your inspiration to keep thinsg going.