• 33(current)
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
ronie,
I've been out and I'm slightly confused: which is the last version? still 0.27?

M
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
jarod71 Wrote:When the Please Wait! dialog shows, is there a way to center that text?

If I hide settings from the home menu, how can I get to it?

I would like to edit the Programs Button to go straight to My emulators and rename it to Emulators.

How do I change the level of transparency in the list of movies? I would like it just a little more opaque if possible.

can you add a view like this?

- there's supposed to be a busy icon in front of the text in the please wait dialog. it's currently missing (my bad), but it'll be fixed in the next release.

- if you want to hide settings, you can map a key on your keyboard and/or remote to take you to the settings window. you'll have to use this function: XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings).

- i may add it in the future, i've already done a games button, so i guess an emulators button should be there as well. for now, edit Home.xml and change this code:
Code:
<item id="8">
    <label>0</label>
    <onclick>Skin.SetBool(ProgramsOrGames)</onclick>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/media/backgrounds/programs.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Programs_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ProgramsInHome)</visible>
</item>

to:
Code:
<item id="8">
[b]    <label>Emulators</label>[/b]
[b]    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,XXXXX)</onclick>[/b]
</item>
and change XXXXX to the name of the folder containing your emulators.
there are three entries of this in Home.xml (normal menu, horizontal menu, horizontal wide button menu). one has id="8" (as above) the other two have id="6".

- there's no easy way of doing this, but if you modify Includes.xml and change:
Code:
    <include name="ContentPanel">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
            <texture border="30">panel.png</texture>
            <bordertexture border="30">panel-shadow.png</bordertexture>
            <bordersize>22</bordersize>
        </control>
    </include>

to:
Code:
[b]        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
            <colordiffuse>AA000000</colordiffuse>
        </control>[/b]
        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
        </control>
    </include>

the background panel will be more opaque. you can play with the <colordiffuse> value to adjust it to your likings.
FF000000 will result in the transparency level of the current panel, while 00000000 will make it twice as opaque.

- i've been working on a view like that. it was one of the first requests i got weeks ago, but it's not yet finished (sorry).
it will be added at some point though. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
mfsav2 Wrote:ronie,
I've been out and I'm slightly confused: which is the last version? still 0.27?

M

yep.

the new version is shaping up nicely, so it shouldn't be too long....
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:- there's supposed to be a busy icon in front of the text in the please wait dialog. it's currently missing (my bad), but it'll be fixed in the next release.

- if you want to hide settings, you can map a key on your keyboard and/or remote to take you to the settings window. you'll have to use this function: XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings).

- i may add it in the future, i've already done a games button, so i guess an emulators button should be there as well. for now, edit Home.xml and change this code:
Code:
<item id="8">
    <label>0</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs)</onclick>
</item>

to:
Code:
<item id="8">
[b]    <label>Emulators</label>[/b]
[b]    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,XXXXX)</onclick>[/b]
</item>
and change XXXXX to the name of the folder containing your emulators.
there are three entries of this in Home.xml (normal menu, horizontal menu, horizontal wide button menu). one has id="8" (as above) the other two have id="6".

- there's no easy way of doing this, but if you modify Includes.xml and change:
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
        </control>
    </include>

to:
Code:
[b]        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
            <colordiffuse>AA000000</colordiffuse>
        </control>[/b]
        <control type="image">
            <posx>153</posx>
            <posy>88</posy>
            <width>976</width>
            <height>545</height>
        </control>
    </include>

the background panel will be more opaque. you can play with the <colordiffuse> value to adjust it to your likings.
FF000000 will result in the transparency level of the current panel, while 00000000 will make it twice as opaque.

- i've been working on a view like that. it was one of the first requests i got weeks ago, but it's not yet finished (sorry).
it will be added at some point though. ;-)
Ronnie,
Thanks so much! I will play with that,. The busy dialog makes sense and will balance that dialog out.

Looking forward to the new version and hope you can find the time to finish that view as it is one of my favorites. I am sure I will have more questions as I dig a lil deeper into the skin, but I do appreciate all you have done and for making the skin so customizable. The ability to turn on and ff features to my liking is very refreshing.

I also love the flagging built into the skin. how hard is that to port to another skin? Just curious on the process as I am learning slowly to mod skins and hope to someday contribute like you have. your original case mod for pm3.hd was my fav until you created transparency.

one other question, I want ot make the font larger fo rthe movie descriptions. where would I edit that?
jarod71 Wrote:I also love the flagging built into the skin. how hard is that to port to another skin? Just curious on the process as I am learning slowly to mod skins and hope to someday contribute like you have.

native media flagging support has made things a whole lot easier.
Transparency also still supports flagging based on the <studio> hack, which makes things far more complicated.

if you have a look at Includes_MovieMediaFlags.xml, you can see how it's done.
just focus on the <!-- native --> entries and ignore the <!-- studio --> parts.

jarod71 Wrote:your original case mod for pm3.hd was my fav until you created transparency.
lol, i didn't expect anyone to remember that. ;-)

jarod71 Wrote:one other question, I want ot make the font larger fo rthe movie descriptions. where would I edit that?

could you be just a bit more precise? is it the media info view you're talking about or the movie description in the info dialog or....?
can you change osd on fullscreen vid to be horizontal and larger icon ??
lipo Wrote:can you change osd on fullscreen vid to be horizontal and larger icon ??

yeah, there's been several requests for it, so i'll change it.
it might take some time before i get to it though...
ronie Wrote:native media flagging support has made things a whole lot easier.
Transparency also still supports flagging based on the <studio> hack, which makes things far more complicated.

Ronie

If Native Media Flagging is implemented in your skin is possible to have "HDTv" logo for files contains "HDTV" string in filename and not "Blu-ray" logo instead?

As I can read here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50138
"For HDTV you need HDTV or PDTV in your movies filename."
Please advice.
Hi Ronie,
Thanks again for implementing the trailer icon way back when. I'm still using the mod for the trailer button in the side menu, which lets me play the trailer without going through the context menu.

I got to thinking the other day, really the only reason that I ever need to cursor left to the hidden menu is to play the trailer, and I'm wondering if it is possible to make the trailer icon the link to play the trailer instead?

Example; cursor left could go to trailer icon first and then second cursor left would go to hidden menu?
BlackJack1 Wrote:Ronie

If Native Media Flagging is implemented in your skin is possible to have "HDTv" logo for files contains "HDTV" string in filename and not "Blu-ray" logo instead?

As I can read here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50138
"For HDTV you need HDTV or PDTV in your movies filename."
Please advice.

currently it's only working for TV Shows (although i only check for HDTV, not PDTV)
in the next version it will also work for movies.
i'll add detection for PDTV, TVRip and BRRIP, as i wasn't aware those tags were also used.
bionic1234 Wrote:I got to thinking the other day, really the only reason that I ever need to cursor left to the hidden menu is to play the trailer, and I'm wondering if it is possible to make the trailer icon the link to play the trailer instead?

Example; cursor left could go to trailer icon first and then second cursor left would go to hidden menu?

yeah, that's probably the best way.
i'm aiming to release the next version in a week, so i can't promise i get this implemented by then. but if not, it'll definitely be there in the next-next version. ;-)
ronie Wrote:in the next version it will also work for movies.
i'll add detection for PDTV, TVRip and BRRIP, as i wasn't aware those tags were also used.

Great news Big Grin
Will wait for next version Smile
I hope there will be not necessary to rescrap all movies and all detections will be done automatically... Smile
Best regards!
i just realized theres no plylist button on fullscreen osd, its very useful since i often watch tv show dvd with divx format
lipo Wrote:i just realized theres no plylist button on fullscreen osd, its very useful since i often watch tv show dvd with divx format

sorry but i don't think i quite understand why you want to access the playlist when watching tv shows specifically? also the reference to the divx codec escapes me?

anyway, the easiest way would be to map a button on your keyboard/remote to access the playlist when in fullscreen mode.
ronie, amazing skin. by far the best available. i've switched for good.

a few questions re: xml editing from a beginner, after going through this thread and the FAQ - how would I:

1) remove the 'watched/unwathched' checkboxes from the fanart view for movies and tv shows

2) remove the 'rating' from the music media info view

3) remove the dvd cover and change the aspect ratio of the thumb in the video media info view - i assume the video media info view is totally separate from the music media info view? right now i only use the video media info view for my home video library (coded as music videos) and it's got 16:9 thumbs being squashed into the DVD cover.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.275