• 2(current)
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
treefour Wrote:I have one problem concerning fan art in file mode though.

In my TV directory I use the scrapper to get the show info, fanart, and banners and it works beautifully. My problem is in the movies directory where I use media companion to gather the info, it does not show the fanart. If I browse for it, it shows the current fanart being used as the correct one and I can navigate to the appropriate folder and choose it manually, but it won't show up for some reason.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated as this looks like my new skin of choice.

Can't reproduce it, it's working just fine at my end, so let's start with the basics...
Although you're using filemode you'll have to scan your movies to the library first, so XBMC picks up the fanart.
If you've added the fanart after scanning the movies to the library, you'll have to remove them from the library and scan them again.

Also can you give me some insight in your directory structure?
Mine looks like this:

Movies\SomeMovieTitle\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\movie.nfo
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\SomeMovieTitle.avi
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_0.IFO
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_0.VOB
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_1.VOB
Movies\AnotherMovie\fanart.jpg
Movies\AnotherMovie\movie.nfo
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Jezz_X Wrote:Its nice not really pm3 anymore (from the screenshots) kind of reminds me more of minimedia skin

You should rename it and call it a new skin to be honest Smile

Guess i don't know where to draw the line between MOD and New Skin.
I mean, how many lines of code does one have to change? :-)

But if you think it's gone beyond the point where it looks & feels like PM3.HD, who would i be to disagree ;-)

Gamester17 Wrote:"Transparency" would make a good skin name Wink

Transparency! it will be then.

Feel free to change the Title of this thread accordingly.
Suppose i'll also have to leave the Project Mayhem III (PM3) subforum ?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you for a lovely skin...So far memory usage on the x-box is just enough for my movies to runSmile

I originally experienced corrupted textures...then recompressed at Normal and all was fine!!
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I found that when I compressed the new textures for PM3.5 they worked great on my PC but not the xbox.

I got by this by compressing it with XPR Xpress at the MAX level settings with no protection.

After that, no problems on either platform. So you may want to try that.

Thanx for the tip, it seems like XPR Xpress is only available for the XBOX platform right?
If there's anything i can do to make it work out of the box for XBOX users, let me know.

xboxkid Wrote:Thank you for a lovely skin...So far memory usage on the x-box is just enough for my movies to runSmile

I originally experienced corrupted textures...then recompressed at Normal and all was fine!!

Great! Thanx for confirming it worked.
If you or some other XBOX user could post a recompressed Textures.xpr somewhere,
then i can make a separate XBOX package and put it on the frontpage.
ronie Wrote:Guess i'll make a feature request on trac for proper fanart support for songs (and albums).

Already done.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6516

So will your workaround possibly work in the visualizations window also?
"Great! Thanx for confirming it worked.
If you or some other XBOX user could post a recompressed Textures.xpr somewhere,
then i can make a separate XBOX package and put it on the frontpage. "

Yes Please if someone could put the an xbox friendly version of this skin would be great, since this skin looks fantastic. This and Operation skins are the best. Both should concentrate on Tv Shows and Music a Bit more and add views. the more the merier.

Thanks guys for the good work, your work is very much appreciated.
Quote: ronie: Can't reproduce it, it's working just fine at my end, so let's start with the basics...
Although you're using filemode you'll have to scan your movies to the library first, so XBMC picks up the fanart.
If you've added the fanart after scanning the movies to the library, you'll have to remove them from the library and scan them again.

Also can you give me some insight in your directory structure?
Mine looks like this:

Movies\SomeMovieTitle\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\movie.nfo
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_0.IFO
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_0.VOB
Movies\AnotherMovie\VTS_01_1.VOB
Movies\AnotherMovie\fanart.jpg
Movies\AnotherMovie\movie.nfo

Thanks for the reply,

First I have scanned the movies directory into library with the fanart inside the folder. I have also deleted the Userdata folder and started from scratch again, with the same results. the directory structure is as follows
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\SomeMovieTitle-fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\SomeMovieTitle.nfo
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\SomeMovieTitle.tbn
Movies\SomeMovieTitle\folder.jpg

Movies\AnotherMovie\AnotherMovie-fanart.jpg
Movies\AnotherMovie\AnotherMovie.nfo
Movies\AnotherMovie\AnotherMovie.mkv
Movies\AnotherMovie\AnotherMovie.tbn
Movies\AnotherMovie\folder.jpg

These are the defaults from media companion. Looking at your directory structure it looks like I have to remove the movie name from the fanart.jpg file, I think. Huh
Thanks for the help and again for the skin, the more I use it the more I like it.Nod
Thanks
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
Here is the link for the xbox version of textures.xpr that works for meSmile

Just replace in media folder...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f21c...f6e8ebb871
I also can confirm that a recompressed texture.xpr (normal compression) works on the xbox. Though i'm still having a few problems:

- when clicking video in the mainmenu, the highest level of the library will be opened. This screen still has corrupted textures. (I've bypassed this issue by using tvshows and movies instead of videos)

- the weather and info screens hang the xbox

Anyone else experiencing the same behaviour?
joebrady Wrote:Already done.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6516

So will your workaround possibly work in the visualizations window also?

Nope, i gave it a shot but i need at least something like MusicPlayer.FolderPath or MusicPlayer.Path to be available to the skin, but such labels don't exist.
treefour Wrote:Looking at your directory structure it looks like I have to remove the movie name from the fanart.jpg file, I think. Huh

Yes please try with just fanart.jpg. Don't forget to delete the video database and rescrape again.
The only issue i could find with fanart in filemode is for multipart video's, like:
Movies\SomeVid\DVD1\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeVid\DVD1\movie.avi
Movies\SomeVid\DVD2\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeVid\DVD2\movie.avi
in these cases you won't get fanart at the top level.
xboxkid Wrote:Here is the link for the xbox version of textures.xpr that works for meSmile

Just replace in media folder...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f21c...f6e8ebb871

I really appreciate the effort! I'll try to post a special XBOX version tomorrow. :-)

dynamix Wrote:I also can confirm that a recompressed texture.xpr (normal compression) works on the xbox. Though i'm still having a few problems:

- when clicking video in the mainmenu, the highest level of the library will be opened. This screen still has corrupted textures. (I've bypassed this issue by using tvshows and movies instead of videos)

- the weather and info screens hang the xbox

Anyone else experiencing the same behaviour?

Just for the record, i'm using XBMCTex on Linux with normal compression and no protection. Makes you wonder what the difference is between XPR Xpress and XBMCTex?

As for your problem with the weather page, it may be due to the animated weather icons i'm using on this page ( 5 of them). I noticed those icons are a bit CPU intensive.
I'll make those animated icons optional, so you can disable them through the skin settings.
ronie Wrote:I really appreciate the effort! I'll try to post a special XBOX version tomorrow. :-)

Just for the record, i'm using XBMCTex on Linux with normal compression and no protection. Makes you wonder what the difference is between XPR Xpress and XBMCTex?

As for your problem with the weather page, it may be due to the animated weather icons i'm using on this page ( 5 of them). I noticed those icons are a bit CPU intensive.
I'll make those animated icons optional, so you can disable them through the skin settings.

Hi ronie very nice work on this mod. i was doubtful i would like it but it's very good.
And yes the textures were corrupt on xbox, but i have managed to fix that and i plan to make a few minor alterations like adding in the original animated buttons for the on off bar.
And change a few backdrops more to my taste but overall it's extremly good.
As of now it's my default xbox skinSmileSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks Paul

Can you post a link for download when you fix the Transperancy Skin for XBOX. And your Aeon skin the only reason i dont use it is because the Tv shows Don't use wide thumbs, if you can fix that, like the PM3 Operation did (choose between wide or narrow thumbs for tv shows) it would be great.

Jason

Thanks to all for your hard work
ronie Wrote:Yes please try with just fanart.jpg. Don't forget to delete the video database and rescrape again.
The only issue i could find with fanart in filemode is for multipart video's, like:
Movies\SomeVid\DVD1\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeVid\DVD1\movie.avi
Movies\SomeVid\DVD2\fanart.jpg
Movies\SomeVid\DVD2\movie.avi
in these cases you won't get fanart at the top level.

Worked Like a charm, gotta say again, the more I use this skin the more I like it, thanks for your hard work and help.
Cheers
treefour
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.275