• 3(current)
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
pang Wrote:Thanks Paul

Can you post a link for download when you fix the Transperancy Skin for XBOX. And your Aeon skin the only reason i dont use it is because the Tv shows Don't use wide thumbs, if you can fix that, like the PM3 Operation did (choose between wide or narrow thumbs for tv shows) it would be great.

Jason

Thanks to all for your hard work
I am not currently doing a port of pm3hd or any other variant at least not until i have finished With Auriga and that will take about a week to finish off then i will do some tinkering
with all the variants of pm3hd as they all have good points and bad points in my honest oppinion and i intend to take swipe bits from all to make one unique skin but i will use this transparency mod as a starting point as it's the best of them all, but even then i will only release it if ronie has no objections as it is his work at the end of the day. only then will i release it ok
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
ronie Wrote:Just for the record, i'm using XBMCTex on Linux with normal compression and no protection. Makes you wonder what the difference is between XPR Xpress and XBMCTex?

That's strange indeed... But i'm gonna test it when i get home today.

ronie Wrote:As for your problem with the weather page, it may be due to the animated weather icons i'm using on this page ( 5 of them). I noticed those icons are a bit CPU intensive.
I'll make those animated icons optional, so you can disable them through the skin settings.

That would be great, thanks in advance!

paul Wrote:As of now it's my default xbox skinSmileSmile

Same here Smile
Hi really like this skin/mod BUT for some reason I have no background images in my home screen, not even default? I have tried the usual folders that I use for other PM3 - HD mods but no luck?

Any suggestions?
I'm running vista.

Thanks in advance!

@Ronie:
As a side note I've been using "The Operation" from ekim232, in videos and TV series he uses an aeon like banner at the bottom of the screen. Is/would it be possible to incorporate that into Transparency? Having the fanart as a large backdrop is much better but I like the aeon type banner too! I think if the 2 of you got together you guys would make a kick ass skin!
whipper Wrote:Hi really like this skin/mod BUT for some reason I have no background images in my home screen, not even default? I have tried the usual folders that I use for other PM3 - HD mods but no luck?

Any suggestions?
I'm running vista.

Most likely your XBMC build is to old. Due to recent changes in the XBMC code, you'll need at least r20258 for this skin to work properly.
The backgrounds for the home menu are stored in ..\XBMC\skin\PM3.HD Transparency\backgrounds

Quote:@Ronie:
As a side note I've been using "The Operation" from ekim232, in videos and TV series he uses an aeon like banner at the bottom of the screen. Is/would it be possible to incorporate that into Transparency? Having the fanart as a large backdrop is much better but I like the aeon type banner too! I think if the 2 of you got together you guys would make a kick ass skin!

I've been fairly busy with this mod over the past 2 months, so please forgive me as i'm not quite up to date with all the recent changes in Aeon and The Operation.
If you could post a screenshot of this 'Aeon banner' i'll check it out. I'm always open to suggestions, so if i like it, i'll put it on my to-do list.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
paul Wrote:I am not currently doing a port of pm3hd or any other variant at least not until i have finished With Auriga and that will take about a week to finish off then i will do some tinkering
with all the variants of pm3hd as they all have good points and bad points in my honest oppinion and i intend to take swipe bits from all to make one unique skin but i will use this transparency mod as a starting point as it's the best of them all, but even then i will only release it if ronie has no objections as it is his work at the end of the day. only then will i release it ok

Please be my guest. Just like i took the PM3.HD skin and turned it into my own, everybody's free to take mine and do with it whatever they see fit.
It would be interesting to see where you're going to take it. :-)

paul Wrote:And yes the textures were corrupt on xbox, but i have managed to fix that

Just wondering if you did anything else besides recompressing the textures on the xbox?

The good news is, i got my hands on an xbox today, i can now finally see those corruptions myself. Also i can conform that opening MyWeather will cause the xbox to crash.
Well, this'll give me something to do this weekend as i'm quite determined to get all of this fixed. Any help/ideas/tips would be appreciated of course.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thought that might be a problem so reinstalled latest xbmc 9.04.1 latest build for download but still the same prob. Looked in backgrounds folder all images are there just not working?Shocked

tried some screen shots here goes!

http://img190.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sc...ot002r.png

With operation you get this:

which goes away after a while but I think your transparent "header" works better
TV shows

after a short while media info come up, can't manage to take image but will keep trying(novice), which is also transparent similar to yours but just above the "banner" of names/shows

[img=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5577/screenshot004t.th.png]
ronie Wrote:Please be my guest. Just like i took the PM3.HD skin and turned it into my own, everybody's free to take mine and do with it whatever they see fit.
It would be interesting to see where you're going to take it. :-)

Just wondering if you did anything else besides recompressing the textures on the xbox?

The good news is, i got my hands on an xbox today, i can now finally see those corruptions myself. Also i can conform that opening MyWeather will cause the xbox to crash.
Well, this'll give me something to do this weekend as i'm quite determined to get all of this fixed. Any help/ideas/tips would be appreciated of course.
Overall you have done an impressive job on this skin, but theres always room for improvement but for xbox i would resize most of the large images to save on memory and to alter the transparency of the panel for the info in the lower part of the screen as it's difficult to read with some fanart so it needs to be a little darker for me also i will change some of the default backdrops as we all have difering tastes. i would also like to change the poster frame for something plainer other than that it's pretty perfect as it is just tweaks no major changes oh and i will overhaul the media flags as few are a little blury i have loads left from doing the auriga mod so i will be adding and removing some once i get to grips with the code for it. if it's ok with you i will post it in here as a xbox version as opposed to a replacement for yours. it will save me some work as i have 4 other threads to maintain i don't really want another, and keep up the great work your doingSmile
whipper Wrote:Thought that might be a problem so reinstalled latest xbmc 9.04.1 latest build for download but still the same prob. Looked in backgrounds folder all images are there just not working?Shocked

tried some screen shots here goes!

http://img190.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sc...ot002r.png

which goes away after a while but I think your transparent "header" works better
TV shows

[img=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5577/screenshot004t.th.png]
Have you tried looking in the skin settings as you can set up your backgrounds in there, also how did you get that view type the one with the 300 and bugs life fanart?
And i can't see anything wrong from your screen shots?
whipper Wrote:Thought that might be a problem so reinstalled latest xbmc 9.04.1 latest build for download but still the same prob. Looked in backgrounds folder all images are there just not working?Shocked

9.04.1 is the latest 'official' build, and may be (not sure) too old.
you could try one of the development builds, those are pretty up to date with the current XBMC svn.
try the latest kricker or ikons build.

whipper Wrote:tried some screen shots here goes!

TV shows
after a short while media info come up, can't manage to take image but will keep trying(novice), which is also transparent similar to yours but just above the "banner" of names/shows
ImageImageImage

Ok, i think this is what ekim232 calls his 'slide view'. I'll see if i can make something out of it that matches the Transparency! skin.
paul Wrote:Overall you have done an impressive job on this skin, but theres always room for improvement but for xbox i would resize most of the large images to save on memory and to alter the transparency of the panel for the info in the lower part of the screen as it's difficult to read with some fanart so it needs to be a little darker

you're completely right about that one. it's been on my may-need-to-do-but-can't-make-up-my-mind list for some time. it certainly doesn't work well with very light backgrounds.

paul Wrote:for me also i will change some of the default backdrops as we all have difering tastes.

yep, that's the main reason i've made all of the default backgrounds user configurable. i certainly don't expect anyone to like all of the default ones, although i think some of them are quite funny, like the one for pictures in the home screen. ;-)

paul Wrote:i would also like to change the poster frame for something plainer

the cd / dvd cases are one of the few mods that can't be disabled at the moment. i'm sure, one day, when i've got too much time on my hands, i'll change that.

paul Wrote:if it's ok with you i will post it in here as a xbox version as opposed to a replacement for yours. it will save me some work as i have 4 other threads to maintain i don't really want another, and keep up the great work your doingSmile

same to you, reading this thread there seems to be quite some demand for xbox compatible skins. i'm sure many are appreciating the service you're providing.

once you're finished i'll put a download link to your version on the frontpage.

cheers!
I thought i would post you a few shots of what i have done thus far, i have fixed the bottom info panel to match exactly the right list panel and have changed succesfully the dvd and cd covers i have not yet tested this on xbox as i want to get it looking how i want it on my pc before i port it to xbox should be no trouble though.ImageImageImage
Got to love the feed back you are getting Ronie. Nothing like the intial week of posting a MOD. I personally think you did a great job. My one last suggestion would be to increase the size of your media flags.

Overall great job and keep up the great work. Plus by the looks of it true video & audio flagging is not far away!
Thank You!
paul Wrote:Have you tried looking in the skin settings as you can set up your backgrounds in there, also how did you get that view type the one with the 300 and bugs life fanart?
And i can't see anything wrong from your screen shots?

The screens are from The Operation Mod and its what i think would look really good in Transparency! Ronie says he'll have a look.

I've been into backgrounds tab as usual no difference, the thing is I don't even get the default imagesHuh?
whipper Wrote:The screens are from The Operation Mod and its what i think would look really good in Transparency! Ronie says he'll have a look.

I've been into backgrounds tab as usual no difference, the thing is I don't even get the default imagesHuh?
I had a similar problem at first in the skin settings try turning off the weather by conditions thing thats what i did , it may not be the same problem but it's worth a try.
And thanks for clarifying those screenshots as i were starting to think i had missed something.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.275