Weather Fanart in subdirectory not showing?
Question 
Using TimDog's file (folders 00-47), I have set Backgrounds.xml (Horizonz - An Aeon Mod4.1) to point the CustomWeatherFolder tag to the main directory where the folder structure is stored (G:\Backdrops\Weather\) in an effort to get the Weather Condition Fanart to work on the homescreen, however none of the images within the 00-47 subfolders is recognized.

If I place any images within the Backdrops\Weather\ folder where everything is stored, it will cycle through those images, but nothing within any of the subfolders. Likewise, I have again tested this by creating a subfolder in another one of the custom fanart folders and moving all of the images into the new folder and it will not see anything contained within the subfolder structure.

I have tried this with multiple skins and multiple T3CH SVNs and NONE of them work... Multiple versions of Horizonz, Aeon Lite and PMIII won't see inside the structure.

Can someone else confirm this for me?

I have been Angry frustrated for days Angry trying to figure out how to fix this -- does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this?

Is it possible that a very old T3CH release would have maintained an obscure setting within the code after upgrading? I was originally running 8.10 Final and then upgraded via the T3CH upgrade script... If so, how can I eliminate the problem?
Pretty much the same as this one, right?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51899
Essentially the same problem, difference in details -- Figured since that was posted in the Aeon skin group, I'd post to XBOX specific support since in my experiences it "seems" more and more to be specifically related to XBMC and not necessarily skins and not everyone (specifically, individuals who might have some idea what the problem is) is gonna be looking in that subgroup...

Sorry if it seems like I'm cross posting. Four days of running through the same scenarios over multiple skins is both tedious and wearing and I wanna get this problem fixed before I go mad...
No worries for me, just asking if they were related. I am also eager to get this fixed.
Cewan,

What Version of XBMC are you running currently? Did you upgrade from an older version and if you did, what version was it and how did you upgrade (T3CH upgrade script (which version of the script?) or manual)?
Baphomet Wrote:Cewan,

What Version of XBMC are you running currently? Did you upgrade from an older version and if you did, what version was it and how did you upgrade (T3CH upgrade script (which version of the script?) or manual)?

I am running the latest build from the svn repositories. So I just do sudo aptitude upgrade. Is that enough information for you?
So your problem is on a linux box then...

What version did you start using xbmc? Have you upgraded from a really old version to a really new one anytime recently?
Baphomet Wrote:So your problem is on a linux box then...

What version did you start using xbmc? Have you upgraded from a really old version to a really new one anytime recently?
I started with the official 9.04 version of XBMC.
My problem is on XBOX, specifically... Have you tried an older version prior to 9.04 with a fresh install to see if it works? The only reason I haven't yet is because of all the scraped music thumbs and info I have --120GB and about 250 movies that I really don't wanna wait to complete on a fresh install again. it took a couple of weeks (and I'm still not sure why).
No.
I attempted a reinstall last night and everything worked out fine. The fresh install did the trick, so that at least confirms my suspicions about my SVN history and settings possibly bleeding over into the upgrades... that's the only thing that makes any sense. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong altogether and it has nothing to do with that at all... Just happy it works now.

I'd recommend trying a clean install starting with the newest stable T3CH if you can tolerate losing your thumbs, fanart and scraper data... Just make sure you follow the instructions on removing the installation and cleaning up the residual files, if any -- I don't know that much about any of the other installations, including linux, but it's probably staightforward unlike the xbox running multiple partitions.

Another tip too is if you can't figure out the path, I would suggest manually setting the "(CustomWeather)" tag's image -- try as many variations as you can, each time restarting xbmc and eventually once the image shows up you'll know the correct syntax. Also, I discovered that the settings inside the skin for the background fanart specific to the skin should NOT be set. If it is, then you'll end up with a blank screen. For some reason, myweather.xml doesn't store the path set inside the skin, it just uses it for a static setting. The skin settings, if created from within the skin's interface, appear to be stored elsewhere -- where, I have no idea. This may or may not be the case with your skin -- I would say, if your skin is set up for the weather based fan art already without a mod, then use the skin's gui to set the path. If it's not, then don't set it from within the skin's gui and only set it in myweather.xml. Please note that if it is set in the xml file, it will not show a path is set in the gui... If you have both set, then the settings conflict and you'll end up with a blank screen. At least, that's how it was with Horizonz.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Fanart in subdirectory not showing?0