Updated Showcase View
Thumbs Up 
The Showcase view that is currently included in the released versions of the MiniMeedia skin are, if I'm honest, not the finished article. The code for this view was added very early on in the development with the intention that I would come back to it and update it.

Unfortunately that didn't happen before the initial public release (mostly due to time constraints) but I've now had a bit of time to play about with it and think it's going in the right direction now.

Please have a look at the screenshots and let me know what you think.

Showcase view for Movies:

Showcase view for TV Shows:

These aren't the finished article yet but they should give you an idea of where it's headed.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
I love it!!!
Really like the way the posters are placed Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
awesome! i love showcase view, can't wait!
For the posters, the angle seems pretty useless, but makes sense for the banners. It almost seems like you're adding the effect for the sake of adding an effect (for the posters).
I like it......

Good work, Skunk!
paularms Wrote:For the posters, the angle seems pretty useless, but makes sense for the banners. It almost seems like you're adding the effect for the sake of adding an effect (for the posters).
Not at all. I actually developed the movie version first and added the angle to it as a visual effect. Then when I developed the wide banner version I realised that the angle would work for that too but would be better if it was a larger angle.

The angling of the images is a gimmick/feature to differentiate the view from all the other similar views in other skins.

(As you rightly point out it makes good sense to have it for the wide banners so if I had developed that view first then I would have updated the movie version to at least be consistent with it. So I probably would have arrived at the same outcome either way really)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
What about doing the opposite angles? The center position would stand out more.

///// | \\\\\\
You have always great ideas, like it Skunk !
Excellent job i am really looking forward to it
supernoman Wrote:What about doing the opposite angles? The center position would stand out more.

///// | \\\\\\

I did think of doing something like that but I don't think it's possible to do that within a wraplist control? I'm not sure how you would tell the images in the itemlayout to display at different angles (I can figure out the focused position but not the position of each individual item being drawn)
I wish I could help but that text is about the limit of both my art and coding skills. Laugh
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I did think of doing something like that but I don't think it's possible to do that within a wraplist control? I'm not sure how you would tell the images in the itemlayout to display at different angles (I can figure out the focused position but not the position of each individual item being drawn)
Nice work skunkmonkee. I really like the ratings/studio position. I really like supernoman's suggestion too - I think it would look awesome on the poster view but maybe leave the widebanner view as you have it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Showcase View0