[MOD] Adding Night theme back to Multiplex, Showcase and List views
I'm in love with the new Multiplex view but really miss the Night theme so I spent the night creating some new images and added it back in. Also created some new Night theme images for the List view.

Here's what I came up with:

Showcase with Night theme added back in.

Multiplex with new Night theme images.

List with new Night theme images.

While I was at it, I decided to mod / fix the home screen menu. It always bugged me that the texture and overall look never really mixed well with the rest of the theme. So, I took the Night textures as a base and whipped up a new menu image for it.

Now available for download at: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxzm0z4wjm...Auriga.zip
Care to add a Night 'Time bar'?
Now available for download at: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxzm0z4wjm...Auriga.zip

Just unzip and drag-and-drop into your skin folder, overwriting any files. You'll have to manually edit the Includes_MediaFlag.xml file. I couldn't include my version of Includes_MediaFlag.xml because I've separated the flag icons into individual folders.

At the top you should see <include name="Furniture_ListMediaFlagsVars">. Just make sure it looks like the code below and you shouldn't have any problems.

Code:
<include name="Furniture_ListMediaFlagsVars">
        <posy>630</posy>
        <width>90</width>
        <height>59</height>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
        <include>Animation_HideShowcase</include>
        <include>Animation_HideMultiplex</include>        
        <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(darkshowcase)">ShowcaseMediaFlagLightShade</include>
        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(darkshowcase)">ShowcaseMediaFlagNightShade</include>
    </include>

@Hitcher: I plan on making the Night / Light theming system-wide so you can bet the time panels will get the Night treatment. Smile
cool thanks
this looks very interesting good work Smile
Great work Sranshaft!

I ran into an issue though. When using the plot layout in Multiplex I get the following:

I took the files from your zip and overwrote my skin files. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
There was a bug in the Viewtype_Multiplex.xml file. I forgot to rename two of the includes. Open that file and at the top change the beginning lines to:

Code:
<include name="MultiplexBigThumbNight">
        <texture>multiplex/multiplex_tablet_bigthumb.png</texture>
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexBigThumbLight">
        <texture>multiplex/lite/multiplex_tablet_bigthumb.png</texture>        
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexNight">
        <texture>multiplex/multiplex_tablet.png</texture>
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexLight">
        <texture>multiplex/lite/multiplex_tablet.png</texture>
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexTVNight">
        <texture>multiplex/multiplex_tvtablet.png</texture>
    </include>

<include name="MultiplexTVLight">
        <texture>multiplex/lite/multiplex_tvtablet.png</texture>
    </include>

Thanks for letting me know about that. I'll update the main download with the bugfix soon.
Or change all lines like this
Quote: <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(darkshowcase)">MultiplexBigThumbLight</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(darkshowcase)">MultiplexBigThumbNight</include>
To this
Quote: <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(multiplexbigthumb)">MultiplexBigThumbLight</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(multiplexbigthumb)">MultiplexBigThumbNight</include>

It works for meSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Did you redo all the images by yourself? Because I think e.g. the Showcase one is still there anywhere. At least my Showcase view is in Night mode (because it was so before I updated to the latest GIT and I didn't overwrite my settings). But of course the new Multiplex View and List View are in Light Mode.

Thanks for the nice work!!!

EDIT: Did you replace the Genre list which was above the movie name with the director or something? Is this included in the modded files you uploaded?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Very nice, my compliments, I see forward to a system wide Night theme! Again, good work!
Montellese Wrote:Did you redo all the images by yourself? Because I think e.g. the Showcase one is still there anywhere. At least my Showcase view is in Night mode (because it was so before I updated to the latest GIT and I didn't overwrite my settings). But of course the new Multiplex View and List View are in Light Mode.

Thanks for the nice work!!!

EDIT: Did you replace the Genre list which was above the movie name with the director or something? Is this included in the modded files you uploaded?

Yes, I switched it to director. I will probably change it to a fadelabel so that it fades between director, running time and genre. it's easily edited if you don't like it.

I'm not sure which images you're referring to. I created from scratch the tablet images in multiplex and the list view in the Night theme.
Ah right, just so that I know that I will have to edit it back to the Genre as I don't care about the Director at all (well sometimes it's nice to know but it doesn't help me decide what kind of movie I wanna watch).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just downloaded and installed your files. Thanks again (changing back to genre was easy)!!!

Did you try how Multiplex looks if you would make the bottom look exactly like in Showcase view? Now it is much brighter in Multiplex than in Showcase. Just an idea, maybe it will get too dark.
No worries mate. Glad it's all working for you! I'll have a look into the multiplex floor. I believe it's missing the gradient over the text and flags (at least I think that's what you're referring to). The next update should have that, the bug fix from the first page of this thread and at least the beginnings of the system-wide Night theme. Should be available by the end of the weekend.
Possible new view coming soon? Who knows...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Adding Night theme back to Multiplex, Showcase and List views0