genre mods?
I would like to mod my genre icons, text, and files in aeon.

How do you do the following

1. Get custom icons for the genre? I see there is a mod pack however how do you only change the genre icons as I dont want to change my mod in the multiplex

2. How do I add custom genre to aeon for instance "superheros"

3. How do I put specific movies into custom genre titles
for instance I have superhero movies that I would like to put and be able to bring up only the movies that I tag superhero.
---------I am guessing that I have to tag in MIP "superhero" to be able to have them go into that genre. how do I configure MIP?

I am wanting basically what krypt2nite has done below however I want to add many genres with custom icons for my movies to be able to bring them up that way.
I don't know how to do genres in XBMC, but as for that screenshot, that isn't done using XBMC's genre settings. He did that by using MIP to tag the film's studio as "DC", then adding the DC logo as a custom studio icon to Aeon. Was that what you were asking?
Anumidium Wrote:I don't know how to do genres in XBMC, but as for that screenshot, that isn't done using XBMC's genre settings. He did that by using MIP to tag the film's studio as "DC", then adding the DC logo as a custom studio icon to Aeon. Was that what you were asking?

Look at the genre title.. he has HD / superhero in the genre title. That means that he can sort his movies in the genre title as HD/Superhero and it will bring up all his movies. that is what I am looking for.

I have found the custom icons for genres but I dont know how to add them to xbmc so that they show? What xml do I have to add code to and what is the code etc to add custom genre..
You can add your own genres by editing the .nfo files.
An easy way to do this is use a program like Media Info Plus.
I have done this and have added a 'Disney Classics' and a 'Bluray' genre in my XBMC.
You will have to do this for every movie you want to have appear in the custom genres.
struisje Wrote:You can add your own genres by editing the .nfo files.
An easy way to do this is use a program like Media Info Plus.
I have done this and have added a 'Disney Classics' and a 'Bluray' genre in my XBMC.
You will have to do this for every movie you want to have appear in the custom genres.

Ok so basically all i have to do it update the genre in MIP and it will automatically make a custom genre in xbmc to view it? I dont have to update any xml's so that it will show? (Im just making sure before I update my 200+ movies in MIP and then it does not work. )

How do I add the custom icons to the genre in xbmc so that it shows up?
rflores2323 Wrote:Ok so basically all i have to do it update the genre in MIP and it will automatically make a custom genre in xbmc to view it? I dont have to update any xml's so that it will show? (Im just making sure before I update my 200+ movies in MIP and then it does not work. )

How do I add the custom icons to the genre in xbmc so that it shows up?

You don't have to edit any XML.
Just open MIP, click a movie
and on the right side of the screen you will have a field 'genre'
It will already contain a few genres, like :

Code:
Action / Adventure / Comedy

Just add your custom genre to it, anything you like. example:

Code:
Action / Adventure / Comedy / Bluray

Refresh this movie in XBMC by going into the movie information page 'i' and hit refresh.

Now you will have a new genre and you will find this movie under it.

As for the icons, I can't help you there, maybe someone else knows.
struisje Wrote:You don't have to edit any XML.
Just open MIP, click a movie
and on the right side of the screen you will have a field 'genre'
It will already contain a few genres, like :

thanks for your help. I didnt know we could do this.

Off to redo my movie list now... Nod

anybody know how to do the custom icons?
any help on the genre folders/icons and how to change them?
rflores2323 Wrote:any help on the genre folders/icons and how to change them?
You Need Cf2009's mod pack found elswhere in the aeon forum that will do the covers for you and more.....
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:You Need Cf2009's mod pack found elswhere in the aeon forum that will do the covers for you and more.....

I downloaded the mod pack however it will change my settings on my current mods so I dont want to install it all.

I only want to know how to change the genre folders/icons. so what files do I need to change and add to do that onlyHuh
rflores2323 Wrote:I downloaded the mod pack however it will change my settings on my current mods so I dont want to install it all.

I only want to know how to change the genre folders/icons. so what files do I need to change and add to do that onlyHuh
Your best bet would be to isolate all your changed files and code and add it all into the mod pack, thats how i managed to cram over 25 mods/fixes into my auriga for xbox if you have the time and patience then it's worth doing. and all you need to do it is note pad to open up the .xmls then copy and paste your code in you may find you don't have to change that many.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
genre mods?0