Handling of DVD's
Sad 
hello again chaps just a minor question/suggestion

the enabling of an external dvd player chesnut.

at the moment if a external dvd player is enabled it gets launched when ever you try to play dvd content which is fine if the dvd is in the drive, but when you want to do it from hd or streaming it from a server (either playing an image, vob by vob or ifo parsing) the external player gets launched- and as none of the current players have the ability to play off anything other than the d:\ drive nothing happens

i think this well help two fold as i read that samsung drives in particular have problems reading the ccs keys (often taking several minutes to load). now the only way ccs keys would be there in the first place is if you were using an original retail disc, in the d:\ drive, and so an external player could be used to play the dvd thus getting round the long load times.

anything off the hd or streamed would have to have had the encryption removed previously anyway so the loading time shouldn't be an issue.

so in essence i'm asking would it possible for mplayer to deal with all non disc content and for the external player to be used only in situations where the dvd is in the d: drive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handling of DVD's0