[LINUX] HOW-TO to install XBMC on an ION machine with Ubuntu, a Step-by-Step Guide
Hello,
I used this guide on a POV cs330 (complete PC)
And i cannot change my resoltion. The resolution after the install of the nvidia drivers is 640*480. and i connot choose a higher resolution.
Can somebody help me out?
solved. Used a dvi cable!
I have a problem... on the part :

Code:
Close this window and return to the Package Manager Window (You can delete the XBMC Key file whenever you want, you've imported the file so it's not need anymore). Click the reload button the list of packages should update.
After it has finished updating type xbmc in to the Quick search panel. Right click on xbmc within the package list window and press Mark for installation. If for any reason XBMC doesn't show up when you do a quick search try doing and full search by pressing the search button and then typing xbmc.

when i search on "XBMC" i can not find anything..
why? :confused2:

Code:
wget [url]ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/185.18.14/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.14-pkg1.run[/url]

I download the X64 ver of ubuntu (Asrock is a 64bit) so why use that one?

or must i use ubuntu X86 ?
hi, great guid ideal for me totally new to linuxand xbmc, just one question though is this for xbmc live or stand alone version

many thanks
hi medicineuk trying to follow ur guide installing ubuntu 9.04 but having probs with network setting and connnecting to ubuntu server mirror any ideas pls help.:confused2:
Which Release of Ubuntu are you using MedicineUK?
ive installed xbmc on my nvidia ion

i got sound to work but how do i get
wifi
lan
wan

i cant get online to get the drivers
or used the the disc as ther eis no dvd drive

i cant even install windows 7

i just want xbmc that works with the network card in it
MARKD1505 Wrote:hi medicineuk trying to follow ur guide installing ubuntu 9.04 but having probs with network setting and connnecting to ubuntu server mirror any ideas pls help.:confused2:

me too
The sound problem can be solved very easy.
I have tried many nights and after some testinstallations with XBMC-Live and full ubuntu I found a workaround for the pulseaudio problem.

The basic problems is a conflict between the pulseaudio settings from the ubuntu desktop and the management from XBMC. That makes it impossible to use HDMI output in ubuntu and parallel HDMI output for audio and video in XBMC.
The solution is to disable pulseaudio while XBMC is running - so it works then in the same operation mode as a XBMC-Live system.

1. Install and configure Ubuntu 10.04
2. Install XBMC
3. Configure Sound in Ubuntu => Hardware is "Digital Stereo (HDMI)..."
4. Create a file /home/.pulse/client.conf with the content "autospawn = no"
5. Reboot
6. Create a script for launching XBMC like "start.sh" and set the executable flag. Content of the file is:
pulseaudio --start
xbmc
pulseaudio --start

7. Use that script for launching XBMC. Pulseaudio is deactivated before starting XBMC and activated after finishing XBMC.
8. Configure audio outputs in XBMC to HDMI in all sections.
Correct Code is:
6. Create a script for launching XBMC like "start.sh" and set the executable flag. Content of the file is:
pulseaudio -k <<<<=======
xbmc
pulseaudio --start

-k => stops pulseaudio

It could be neccesary to take "pulseaudio --start" into autostart to get OS based sound-support when booting up.
When I try to add the repository it is giving me an error with that url address.
Vagus Wrote:When I try to add the repository it is giving me an error with that url address.

ditto
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO to install XBMC on an ION machine with Ubuntu, a Step-by-Step Guide6