[RELEASE] Vimeo.com (Video) Plugin
Thumbs Up 

This plugin allows you to search for and play Vimeo videos. Vimeo is a video sharing community similar to Youtube.

Current release: v3 (june 05, 2009)

Download: Vimeo-xbmc SVN Repo Installer
Installation: extract the vimeo-xbmc folder to plugins/programs/SVN Repo Installer/resources/repositories/. Then, just open up the SVN Repo Installer plugin, and install as usual.

Playing HD video: enable the option in the plugin settings menu (obviously, this will fail pretty hard on Xbox)

I've tested this on xbox and windows. Code suggestions? Features? Errors? Let me know how it works

TODO:
-browse for HD video
-browse a user's "likes"
-browse channels

Alternate .zip download (it's better to use the SVN repo script because this zip won't always be up-to-date): http://code.google.com/p/vimeo-xbmc/downloads/
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for this plugin.

I don't use vimeo much (neither youtube) but it is appreciated that we can have this extra option for another reservoir of media at our disposal.

I didn't find it to crash at all, xbox and PC.

I guess an obvious start-point for ideas would be the youtube plugin. It lets you use your login to view your favourites. That would be cool to have in Vimeo. Another feature is that it saves your previous search strings (ideal because entering strings via the remote is a pain everytime).

Vimeo has channels and categories as well, maybe it would be cool to be able to browse like this?

Great start!

Smile
Hi,

Could you rearrange your google code directory structure and add version line? If you do that we can download and update your plugin with SVN Installer.

Directory structure:
trunk/plugins/video/vimeo-xbmc

Version line example:
Code:
# plugin constants
__plugin__ = "vimeo-xbmc"
__author__ = "fiatpandas"
__url__ = "http://code.google.com/p/vimeo-xbmc/"
__svn_url__ = "http://queeup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/video/vimeo-xbmc/"
__version__ = "1.0"

repo.xml example:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<repo>
    <url>http://vimeo-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn</url>
    <root>/trunk</root>
    <structure name="plugins" noffset="-2" install="" ioffset="2" voffset="0" />
</repo>
Yeah SVN Repo support would be MUCH appreciated!
Ok guys, as requested, I updated the first post with instructions for the SVN Repo Installer. This will make things much easier.

Still working on some new features.
Question 
Any update on the Vimeo plugin?
I really would like to see a working vimeo plugin for dharma, but i'm not able to write one myself Smile Vimeo has absolutly great hd content.

thanks in advance
Hi there,
it appears that the max. resolution is limited to 720p; which looks pretty bad on a 60" HDTV.
Would it be possible to update it to 1080p at least, please?
It would also nice if it remembered the entered Video IDs somehow. For example, by adding them to the search history.
Thank you.
Question 
I'm running Eden and the log in script does not seem to be working. Is anyone currently maintaining this plugin? Would be great if I could see my stuff! Nod
Hi a new version is on the way, we're just testing to make sure everything works as it should.
Csimbi Wrote:Hi there,
it appears that the max. resolution is limited to 720p; which looks pretty bad on a 60" HDTV.
Would it be possible to update it to 1080p at least, please?
It would also nice if it remembered the entered Video IDs somehow. For example, by adding them to the search history.
Thank you.

That doesn't make any sense since vimeo only offers 720p as their max resolution.
HenrikDK Wrote:That doesn't make any sense since vimeo only offers 720p as their max resolution.

Oh, I would not know because I never use it online. Thanks for pointing that out.

Having the setting there would not hurt - if one day Vimeo wakes up and allowed 1080p, no change would be needed in the plugin...

Anyway, I found the video on YouTube, so I guess I won't be needing it any soon.
Csimbi Wrote:Oh, I would not know because I never use it online. Thanks for pointing that out.

Having the setting there would not hurt - if one day Vimeo wakes up and allowed 1080p, no change would be needed in the plugin...

Anyway, I found the video on YouTube, so I guess I won't be needing it any soon.

Hi, doesn't quite work that way since we don't yet know how vimeo would serve up new video resolutions, adding a setting in the plugin doesn't really do anything to make it work. At most it would take away 30 seconds of work, and would most likely just confuse users, who would expect their videos to be 1080p and not 720p since they enabled it in settings.
Thanks for taking the time explaining the reason; understood.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Vimeo.com (Video) Plugin0