Possible to prevent list label controls from scrolling?
Ok, maybe I am overlooking something really obvious here, but I have tried just about everything I can think of to prevent the items in a list control from scrolling (i.e., when the label is too long for the width of the control and the text scrolls right to left) and nothing seems to work. Is this not possible? Or am I missing something?
Try setting <scrollspeed> to 0.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, just tried that in the list control and the label control (within focusedlayout) but it is still scrolling -- is there somewhere else I need to set it?
Leeuw Wrote:Ok, just tried that in the list control and the label control (within focusedlayout) but it is still scrolling -- is there somewhere else I need to set it?

It should work if you set <scrolltime>0</scrolltime> for the list container, not the label. That should stop the labels from moving.
oh wait, are you asking why the label's scroll if they are too big for the label width? If it's like the wraplist container - i think you are out of luck. The <scroll>false</scroll> and <wrapmultiline> do not work inside the container i think. Neither does the textbox conrtol.
Sorry, <scrollspeed> should be inside the label control inside the layout that you're playing with.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Sorry, <scrollspeed> should be inside the label control inside the layout that you're playing with.

hah, gotcha. A little slow tonight.
jmarshall Wrote:Sorry, <scrollspeed> should be inside the label control inside the layout that you're playing with.

That works a charm, thanks! *Very* minor point, but I don't suppose there is any way to get a "..." at the end of the text where the label cuts off instead of cutting off the letters?
Not currently, no. May I ask exactly what you're trying to achieve?

Leeuw Wrote:That works a charm, thanks! *Very* minor point, but I don't suppose there is any way to get a "..." at the end of the text where the label cuts off instead of cutting off the letters?

A fade out option would be nice too. This certainly will look better than just truncating the text.

Since we're talking labels...is it possible to specify the width of a button label ?
Can't seem find it in the docs, it looks like the default width is infinite and can't be controlled ?

Most of my button labels are localized, but in some languages the label text may exceed the button width....which looks kinda ugly.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to prevent list label controls from scrolling?0