[ATTN: TESTERS!] uTorrent WebUI Controller Plugin Pre-Release Testing!
Exclamation 
Final Release Available!

News:
June 21st, 2009 - Added localized strings and custom torrent path in plug-in settings. Release date: June 22nd, 2009
June 20th, 2009 - Add-Files from Torrent directory added. Load torrent files from XBMC. Simply, place .torrent files in special://profile/torrents. Create the directory if it does not exist. Useful when using .torrent download scripts and plugins.
June 19th, 2009 - Code re-written for uTorrentWithToken! The plug-in no longer writes to disk! Torrent icons should update in real-time!
June 18th, 2009 - 1G fixes the problems with 1F.
June 16th, 2009 - version 1.1.0 with Token Authentication available!
June 6th, 2009 - mechanize package included in version 1F.
June 4th, 2009 - Pre-Release Testing started!

About:
This plugin determines whether the context menu items work. 'Pause All, Resume All, Stop All, Start All' should change all torrent icons, as well as perform the selected function! This plugin controls uTorrent through the WebUI interface; and, it includes a selection dialog and context menu items.

Uses:
Control torrents directly from XBMC, no need to leave the media center! XBOX users control torrents and maximize bandwidth for streaming video, etc.

Testing:
Please test as many functions as you can. Any extra info is appreciated and will help speed up development of this plugin.

Other:
Testing will help decide whether this plugin should actually be a script.
Update This will remain a plugin.

Install:
  1. Enable WebUI
  2. Enable Token Auth. (Token Auth. version only!)
  3. Install plugin, follow this guide
  4. Enjoy!

Notes:
This thread will be updated, screenshots, more info and text is on the way!

Downloads:
version 1.1.3 - NEW! - June 21st, 2009 (Token Auth. Only)

Other Links:
Very nice, this works well. Would it be possible to add folders for the status, like what shows in the left column of uTorrent? Example:

Code:
/uTorrentController/
    /Downloading/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Completed/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Active/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Inactive/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
jballard Wrote:Very nice, this works well. Would it be possible to add folders for the status, like what shows in the left column of uTorrent? Example:

Code:
/uTorrentController/
    /Downloading/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Completed/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Active/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2
    /Inactive/
        /Torrent1
        /Torrent2

I don't think I can add 'buttons' or anything to the left, where you see 'View: and Sort:' options. However, I could add folders to list the Active, inactive, etc.
Yup, folders would be perfect.
I'm a new XBMC user so forgive me if I missing something obvious. But when I run this I get an error...

Error
Python Script failed:
special://home/plugins/video/uTorrentControlBeta1F/default.py

Any suggestions for troubleshooting? I've checked the plugin settings and they seem to be correct.

Running XBMC 9.04.1 on Windows XP 64.
uTorrent 1.8.3 on localhost.
Wink 
vomit Wrote:I'm a new XBMC user so forgive me if I missing something obvious. But when I run this I get an error...

Error
Python Script failed:
special://home/plugins/video/uTorrentControlBeta1F/default.py

Any suggestions for troubleshooting? I've checked the plugin settings and they seem to be correct.

Running XBMC 9.04.1 on Windows XP 64.
uTorrent 1.8.3 on localhost.

While you are online can you paste a debug log at http://pastebin.com and post the link here? That will provide more information.

If you can enable Token Support, use the version found at http://f3ar007.com/xbmc/
It seems to be an python error importing modules: log
Smile 
The link for 1G is in this thread at the top, upgrade and there should be no more problems. Cool
Yes, it's working now.
I also got the Token Auth version working - wrong password Sad
i am try to use this plug in on XP
i download the version 1.1.3 and copied to the xbmc programs plug in folder.
installed utorrent.
Enable Token AuthHuhHuh
i did Enable WebUI in utorrent.
what next?can you guys give me a step by step tutorial please.
thanx
Star 
There is a final release of this (not a test release) here. There should be enough information in that thread. Cool
test

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATTN: TESTERS!] uTorrent WebUI Controller Plugin Pre-Release Testing!0