No video files found in path?
Question 
I just recently decided i wanted to use the scrapers to pull information for my video library and it seems that it doesn't want to work for me. Whenever i hit movie information from the videos parent directory it gives me a 'no video files found in path!' error. The videos are in a .rar format and i can use the scraper if i go into each directory and get movie information from the .rar file however i want to run the automated scan and it won't work this way. Is there any known fix for this? It does the same thing regardless if i select 'use folder name for lookup' and/or 'folder contains a single video'.

Using XBMC 9.04 on a mac mini (OSX) as well as ATV and happens regardless of the skin.

the files are on a SMB share if that makes any difference. thanks in advance.
enable transparent archives in settings
thanks, worked like a charm. is there something wrong with the imdb scraper? it will show a rating as like 2.67 (votes). and in the mediastream skin it wont show the details of the movie but will display it when you hit 'movie information'.
Why to reassemble the rars anyway? There is little use to a rar on a local drive IMO.
A couple of reasons:
1. RAR contains a built-in verification system, so it's useful when transferring from one drive to another.
2. A multi-RAR setup allows large files to be stored on filesystems that don't have large file support (such as the xbox).
3. Downloads of large media is often stored in RAR files to faciliate easier downloads - why unrar if you don't have to?
4. If you do get an error in a RAR set, then it may be possible to obtain that portion of the set independently from the original source. par2 or similar redundancy should really be kept if you're worried about this though, and that is independent of the use of stored RARs.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video files found in path?0