[LIVE] Network Manager interface with GUI for LAN/WLAN management in XBMC for Linux?
Lightbulb 
After booting up XBMC live, the computer recognizes both my eth0 and wlan adapters. I can't connect through wlan because it says interface disabled. How can I get wireless internet working? It's an HP tablet with an onboard wireless card.

Also, trying to boot XBMC on another computer results in both eth0 and wlan being disabled. I presume this is a driver issue? Will it be difficult to update Ubuntu with new drivers? I just performed the ALSA upgrade without difficulty and am hoping for a similar method of upgrading network drivers.

Thanks.
What operating system are you running? Have you ever been able to get wireless working outside of xbmc?
grimsy Wrote:What operating system are you running? Have you ever been able to get wireless working outside of xbmc?
Obviously he is using XBMC live ...
I suggest you try installing a base ubuntu system as detailed in the XBMCbuntu guide. make sure your HP tablet is connected to your router via eth0 as the minimal installation CD needs to load a lot of files from the repositories, hopefully also working drivers for your wlan. it would be helpful to know the exact type of your wlan card as it is possible that you need to use madwifi.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
The wireless card is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.

I'd prefer to not install a base ubuntu system. I'd rather find a solution within XBMC live. I think this is a fairly popular wireless card, has anyone else had problems with it?
bump
Wireless in Live is not Disabled per se, We just don't provide a network manager interface to set it up. So one need to set it up outside XBMC in terminal.

THere is a branch of XBMC (NetworkManager) in which I intend to add network manager interface to XBMC, hopefully I'll get time to finish it until next point release but my wireless is really cranky so my devotion is sporadic Smile.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hey there Tobias, new user here.
Thanks for all your efforts Big Grin

Where exactly do we users have to go to "set it up outside XBMC in terminal"?

I have found this reference:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54697,
but it's a bit useless since what I'm trying to set up IS the IP address...

(Using LIVE on SD with a REVO 3600)

thanks

- grumpy
Question 
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get wifi to work on my Acer Aspire One D250 netbook, and am starting to lose hope. However, I did find this ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7248.

So, I was just hoping for some rough estimation of when this might be implemented. There has been some recent activity - any chance of something within the next, say, two months? I understand any estimation would be a guess and it could come months or years later, but if there's even a moderate chance of it, I would opt to avoid spending the next week or more in frustration and anger trying to get this thing to work.

Or, alternatively...if anybody has gotten wifi to work on the Aspire One, I would love to hear from you....I've followed several tutorials intended to get me wifi on my laptop and not one has worked Sad
Hopefully for eden
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
did you already have a look at this?

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/wifi-onder-li...figureren/
There is a thread/guide using wicd in command line, I never tried it but it looked like the way to go for most people.
here is another one you can look at.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81858

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Network Manager interface with GUI for LAN/WLAN management in XBMC for Linux?0