HD Movies vs. SD Movies filtering and sorting? Separate Home Menu Shortcut?
Question 
Hello everyone!

Brand new user here, but I have been spending a bunch of time combing through the forums and docs in an effort to refrain from asking dumb questions.

So my question is this:

I have a sizeable movie collection that has spanned over ten years in the making. I have standard res versions of many popular movies and recently started collecting HD versions of them on new "Monster" hard drives.

So what do people think about the idea of adding a Home Menu Shortcut called "HD Movies"? It would be helpful to me because not all of the PC's in my house can easily decode the HD stuff and it would be nice to have the choice right at the top level menu.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!!!
XBMC doesn't support it, impossible without some genre hacks or something.
It will probably be possible with the video library revision jmashall is planning/doing.... just need to wait for a while Smile
I believe you could do it...search for "create different home shortcut"...something along those lines.

I know I've read posts on people creating a custom home tab for home videos I only assume you could do the same for HD content.

But how to get around not having it scanned into the regular movie section is beyond me...
They way I quickly access my HD content is through the 'studios' tab on the movie section. If you've set your content for media flagging and the .nfo files are set properly, you should see 480p/720p/1080p or SD under the studios tab. If you can create home shortcuts which point to a specific "studio," then this is certainly achievable. Kind of a hackjob, but whatever works.
The way I do it, is by adding a 'HD' or 'Bluray' Genre to my HD movies.
I just go to genres and select Bluray and it shows all my blurays
I set up a smart playlist filtering the respective studio flags

This sort of automates @EvanXtreme's suggestion
Many thanks guys...this forum is great! All the suggestions are helpful...I'd still like to have some way of either have a separate Menu shortcut, or even better have some way of choosing whether to watch the SD or HD version from the same screen. Would be cool if that were an option in one of the amazing Auriga windows in Multiplex mode (my favorite by the way).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Movies vs. SD Movies filtering and sorting? Separate Home Menu Shortcut?0