How do I get TV Shows to scan?
Question 
I can tno for the life of me get my TV Shows to scan in right..... .

Here is an example of the dir setup...

Code:
Star Trek
    Star Trek
        Season 1
        Season 2
        Season 3
    Deep Space Nine
        Season 1
        Season 2
        Season 3
        Season 4
        Season 5
        Season 6
        Season 7
    Enterprise
        Season 1
        Season 2
        Season 3
        Season 4
    Movies
    The Next Generation
        Season 1
        Season 2
        Season 3
        Season 4
        Season 5
        Season 6
        Season 7
    Voyager
        Season 1
        Season 2
        Season 3
        Season 4
        Season 5
        Season 6
        Season 7

Now each episode is from the DVD.... so some of the double eps are in single movie length files.... also as the xbox has limited space to lis tteh text I do not have the show title in the file names... so for Deep Space 9 for Example... the files look like this....

Quote:1x01-02_-_(pilot)_Emissary.avi
1x03.-.Pas.Prologue.avi
1x04.-.A.Man.Alone.avi
1x05.-.Babel.avi
1x06.-.Captive.Pursuit.avi
1x07.-.Q-Less.avi
1x08.-.Dax.avi
1x09.-.The.Passenger.avi
1x10.-.Move.Along.Home.avi
1x11.-.The.Nagus.avi
1x12.-.Vortex.avi
1x13.-.Battle.Lines.avi
1x14.-.The.Storyteller.avi
1x15.-.Progress.avi
1x16.-.If.Wishes.Were.Horses.avi
1x17.-.The.Forsaken.avi
1x18.-.Dramatis.Personae.avi
1x19.-.Duet.avi
1x20.-.In.The.Hands.Of.The.Prophets.avi

So can anyone please tell me how i can go about getting these scanned itno the lib.... i do not mind using a 3rd party scrapper and nfo files if you can tell me witch one to use.....
debug log -> pastebin.com
let me guess;

you have that in a tvshows folder and set the content on the tvshows folder and expect things to work. well duh, star trek will be the show folder.
spiff Wrote:let me guess;

you have that in a tvshows folder and set the content on the tvshows folder and expect things to work. well duh, star trek will be the show folder.

No... I have the root dir set to nothing... but i have a custom thumbnail for it for file view mode....

I have teh content set to each show title.. eg deep space nine.... so it is ment to scann all the dirs under it.... isn't it?
content type is tvshowS. you need to tick 'this folder contains a single tvshow' if that is what they hold
each folder only has one tvshow? butr has teh season split into diffrent folders? Can't you set it t oscan recursively from a point IN a tree.. or dose it always have to be at the root?
........ read the bloody wiki.

yes you can.
spiff Wrote:........ read the bloody wiki.

yes you can.

ok... so i am doing everything correct.. so like i said in my original question... anyone know why it is not working?

<- Edit

Also the question of how you handle joined 2 part episodes ? Like for example the two ep s01e01 + s1e02 as a single file? I guess this is a bad example.. but in many other cases the two episodes have diffrent names... not jus tpart 1 and 2 with the same title.
no. cause you haven't provided a log. which leaves us guessing
I've looked though the log.... maybe it has over written or something as there seams to be no relevant information in it... Just version numbers, drive mapping re-init stuff like that.

I have fixed this by simply moving the dirs out of the root trek folder... I am not sure why this is working but not b4... anyway at least it is working...

Thanks for your help guys.

<--- The only thing I cna think of is that I had root dir set to not scan subfolders or something... i can not remeber the name of the option right now.. but it is the 3rd when you select your scrapper.. i can nto look it up as it is scrappign now ....?
IF you had actually READ what i have written, you would know why that worked.

but anyways, glad you got it working.
Um... i asked you to repeat yourself to make sure i understood.. you said you can scan a dir from anywhere in the tree... so having star trek as the root dir shouldn't have affected it correct, if it was just a normal dir with no set content ever done on it...

Jyujinkai Wrote:No... I have the root dir set to nothing... but i have a custom thumbnail for it for file view mode....

I have teh content set to each show title.. eg deep space nine.... so it is ment to scann all the dirs under it.... isn't it?

spiff Wrote:content type is tvshowS. you need to tick 'this folder contains a single tvshow' if that is what they hold

Jyujinkai Wrote:each folder only has one tvshow? butr has teh season split into diffrent folders? Can't you set it t oscan recursively from a point IN a tree.. or dose it always have to be at the root?

spiff Wrote:........ read the bloody wiki.

yes you can.
you set the content to tv showS.

which means that IF you set the content on each show separately you'd have to tick separate show!
wherever you set the content to tvshowS without ticking, each subfolder of that folder is assumed to be a tvshow. do you get it nowHuh
ahh.... ic now.. thanks again... I know I was trying your patience but I appreciate you sticking though it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get TV Shows to scan?0