• 3(current)
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?
But at least your hard work isn't wasted - you just need to swap the board!
XBMC on Zotac ION N330 - Working Sweet!
Quote:i've waited so long for this board ...
Well... Here in Switzerland I have to wait 2 more weeks I guess. Nobody has it on stock so far. Damn...

But in the meantime I ordered the M350 case Big Grin
i've actually pre-ordered a new one.

again at kmelektronik (strange, it is cheaper than my first order...)
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Quote:again at kmelektronik

Well... I guess this was a mistake. Because http://www.cartft.com has it on stock. Its an onlineshop from germany.
Can one of you guys that already have theirs measure the height of the heatsink with the fan on. I am trying to gauge if this will board will fit in a custom enclosure that I have, but I can only find that the board is 170x170.

Thanks
Woot, I've just received mine -- everything working great with Live installed and the M350.

Except now I have to learn about setting up some NAS Sad
I'd tried to avoid looking into that hardware... so much learning in so little time lol
Quote:Woot, I've just received mine -- everything working great with Live installed and the M350.

Can you please make some pictures?
Erm... I'm not going to bother taking photos sorry because it looks just like it does on google ^^

here's some photos of the board/enclosure:

Mini-box.com M350
Image of Mobo
Quote:Erm... I'm not going to bother taking photos sorry because it looks just like it does on google

Yes I know but I was interested in YOUR installation. But ok I agree with you that it looks the same as it does on google.

Today I received my M350 anyway.

cheers
tstack77 Wrote:Can one of you guys that already have theirs measure the height of the heatsink with the fan on. I am trying to gauge if this will board will fit in a custom enclosure that I have, but I can only find that the board is 170x170.

Thanks

The board is 40mm deep without the fan and 50mm with it attached.
Quote:Well... I guess this was a mistake. Because http://www.cartft.com has it on stock. Its an onlineshop from germany.

yes, but quite expensive. it's more then +20 €.
i can wait...

but its a nice shop. didn't know about it. thx.
Hi!
I've finally got my first flat screen tv (pioneer kuro...amazing), and now I'm digging into all this htpc stuff.
I'm currently using an Asus Pundit P1 barebone pc to run xbmc but the thing struggels on 1080p.. (AMD Athlon X2 5400, integrated graphics, no HW decoding). CPU is 97% all the time and the video and audio streams get out of sync, video is skipping frames etc.
So.. I'm about to build a dedicated machine to run xbmc. Honestly I was thinking about going for Popcorn player but I realized I dont like these packed solutions since they dont give you much flexibility. Luckily I have discovered Xbmc which is really a well made thing! Congrats to all the developers!

Now, since you guys are already playing with Zotac boards, I would like to ask you to help me decide about hardware..
So, I can't decide whether to go for ION platform or take the geForce 9300 + say intel E7400 dual core cpu. Does anyone have any info about the power consumption and heating of Zotac 9300 board + cpu comparing to the Zotac Ion B? If there is no big difference I would maybe still go for 9300 board since it gives me more flexibility, run win etc.

You may be asking why to run win? True, but thre reason is I'm using an external USB audio card (Native Instruments Audio kontrol1) only supported on win (if anyone knows it it works on linux please let me know).

Another question.. I saw that AsRock is producing the ION box.. What is better? Asrock or Zotac in terms of motherboard performance?

Thanks!
asrock and zotac is nearly the same.
the zotac has two more connectors at the rear.
e-sata and coaxial-digital-out.

the asrock is ready-to-use. case, dvd-drive. but not as flexible as the zotac.

powerconsumption:
you have to look for the TDP of the E7400.
ad the difference to the zotac + 10% or something.
that should be near the real results, i guess.
Hello

I just received my board... I am running latest XBMC Live BUT I cannot manage to have audio goind out of SPDIF digital audio plug.

For sure, everything is fin on the preamplifier side as I just unplugged the cable from my PCH-A100 to plug it to my ZOTAC ION A-serie board.

FYI, I disabled Internal Audio in BIOS to disable HDMi audio (aplay -l does not return it anymore).

Does anyone succeded in having SPIF output under XBMC Linux or Live ?

Regards
Matt
msevestre Wrote:Hello

I just received my board... I am running latest XBMC Live BUT I cannot manage to have audio goind out of SPDIF digital audio plug.

For sure, everything is fin on the preamplifier side as I just unplugged the cable from my PCH-A100 to plug it to my ZOTAC ION A-serie board.

FYI, I disabled Internal Audio in BIOS to disable HDMi audio (aplay -l does not return it anymore).

Does anyone succeded in having SPIF output under XBMC Linux or Live ?

Regards
Matt

The way is the same like with every other mainboard. Name it Zotac, ASUS or what you want.
The forum here is full of this audio-issues with SPDIF and HDMI. You should give the search a try.

To make it short: Try iec958 in your audio-settings and pull up the volume in alsamixer.
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?0