• 4(current)
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?
Hi !

That's already what is configued... moreover no way to pull level up of iec958 ... it remains to 0 Sad

Matt
msevestre Wrote:Hi !

That's already what is configued... moreover no way to pull level up of iec958 ... it remains to 0 Sad

Matt

Pull up volume and unmute IEC.

Post output of aplay -l

Patrick
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
Hi !

IEC is already unmutted, showing "OO" at the bottom with now way to pull it up

here are the resuts :

Quote:(T: XBMCLive)root@XBMCLive:/media/Movies/divx/Nous# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 Analog [ALC662 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 Digital [ALC662 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
(T: XBMCLive)root@XBMCLive:/media/Movies/divx/Nous# aplay -L
default:CARD=NVidia
HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 Digital
IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

Here is what alsamixer is displaying:

Thanks for the help Smile

Matt
donabi Wrote:asrock and zotac is nearly the same.
the zotac has two more connectors at the rear.
e-sata and coaxial-digital-out.

the asrock is ready-to-use. case, dvd-drive. but not as flexible as the zotac.

powerconsumption:
you have to look for the TDP of the E7400.
ad the difference to the zotac + 10% or something.
that should be near the real results, i guess.
The biggest problem for lots of people is that the zotac doesn't have wake-on-usb, so if you were planning on using a usb remote it will not be able to pull it out of standby.
stogiesam88 Wrote:The biggest problem for lots of people is that the zotac doesn't have wake-on-usb, so if you were planning on using a usb remote it will not be able to pull it out of standby.

Not so anymore. There is a new revision of the board that enables wake from USB. This is the board that is being chipped currently.
snoxbox Wrote:Not so anymore. There is a new revision of the board that enables wake from USB. This is the board that is being chipped currently.
Are you sure? I've been hearing this from people on the forum, but I haven't seen the new revision actually for sale. Also, when I emailed zotac about this on 6/26 they said there was no information about when the new board was shipping. I'm guessing the pre-order on amazon is for the new revision though.
It's real, TheUni has one that was ordered from newegg.
Hi !

could anybody help me on my problem ? : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=362...stcount=48

I'm still without success. I updated ALSA to 1.0.20 and this changed nothing to the results. I reset Audio setting in BIOS to Internal+External codec, and HDMI audio reappeared in aplay command return.

IEC958 is unmuted... but there's no sound on my amplifier side (correctly setup)

Edit: audio is always going out from regular audio jack... Sad

Regards
Matt
Please forgive the newbie question... I've searched and can't find an answer.

How are you guys getting XBMC live onto your N330? Are you plugging in a USB CD-Drive, or using a memory stick? I'm taking delivery of one this week and am weighing up my options. I thought that creating a bootable memory stick would be a good option but it seems to me that I can only do this on the computer that it will eventually boot on, right?

Cheers,

james
@msevestre
I've got my bios set to Internal, leaves only 1 device when i check aplay -l
my xbmc is setup up like this:

Audio output: Digital
ac3 capable: true
dts capable: true
audio output device: hdmi
passthrough output device: hdmi
downmix: false

In gnome volume control, the switches tab, IEC958 is selected.

I didn't upgrade asla, I'm using the version that installed with jaunty. I'm currently playing the sound through my tv, hopefully I'll get time to set up my 5.1 speakers on Wednesday.

@sladflob
I'm running of a 8gig memory stick with a minimal ubuntu destkop installed. Used the cd drive from my desktop to install unto it.

EDIT: re-read your post slabflob and realised I didn't answer the main question.
If you're using the live version it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you want to do a proper Ubuntu install you'll need to install on the machine you're using it on.
Hi !

i finally succedded to use optical audio out... I usually prefer to use the coaxial digital audio output but I wasn't successfull to switch to it... I was testing about 98% of the time using coax output and the only times I tried with optical audio, I did a setup modification that disabled it ! Damn !

No way, I do not care, i finally have a working from which i was able to watch a movie yesterday night with a DTS soundtrack.

Atom & ION are perfect under latest XBMC Live and it works out of the box (alsa update is not the reason of audio finally working), with optical digital audio.

Regards !
Matt
@sladflob:

I'm was first running on a 2gb USB stick and switch to internal 2.5" HDD as the platform is also aimed to be a server running 7/24.

Matt
msevestre Wrote:Hi !

could anybody help me on my problem ? : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=362...stcount=48

I'm still without success. I updated ALSA to 1.0.20 and this changed nothing to the results. I reset Audio setting in BIOS to Internal+External codec, and HDMI audio reappeared in aplay command return.

IEC958 is unmuted... but there's no sound on my amplifier side (correctly setup)

Edit: audio is always going out from regular audio jack... Sad

Regards
Matt

I have an IONTX A in an M350 box. (waiting to get my Silverstone LC09 box so I can install a slim Blu-ray drive). I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty and I have XBMC up and running using Nvidia driver 185.18.14. After I unmuted the Alsamixer items my SPDIF works using Rhytmnbox. I get HDMI video but there's no HDMI audio from within XBMC. On the Zotac site there is an Nvidia driver download for linux containing Lan and HD audio drivers. The readme says it is for Ubuntu 8.10 - kernel 2.6.27-7 and it says that: "HDMI audio driver can NOT work if NVIDIA X-driver haven't been installed." I assume that the HDMI audio won't work in XBMC under Ubuntu if this HD audio driver is not installed. Does anybody know if the Zotac driver for Ubuntu 8.10 will work with Ubuntu Jaunty? If not I guess I have to downgrade my OS install or wait for a new driver.

Howesound
Hello

2 days ago I tried to switch to latest NVidia drivers and my XBMC Live never displayed again its graphical interface... thus I'll not try again to switch to a newer driver except is somebody explain me exactly how to do (and how to revert back to older one is something goes wrong... I'm new to Linux Smile).

Anyway, my optical digital audio is now working... I would have prefered the coaxial one, but I did not manage to make it work...

Regards and thanks
Matt
I am also having problems getting audio over HDMI with my IONTX A and XBMC live all though I have have not had much time to play with it. This is not a hardware problem as it works fine with Windows 7 and MPC HC.

I want a set top box experience so I want to use xbmc of course.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac IONITX-A Atom N330 Nvidia Ion?0