Music Trivia / Facts on the Visualization screen
yeah I know, but that provide me with additional info beside the album info and cover art ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
uhm, discography for artists, summaries for artist and albums, release year, genres, styles, moods, instruments, +++ doesn't qualify? not that i care, but your statement is surely not true
Quote:not that i care, but your statement is surely not true

sorry for my spelling but the above was a question not an statement.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Reaven: Had any other ideas on this topic? I was wondering on how to accomplish generally the same thing. Would a RSS feed work?
Not sure about this, but just an idea that I haven't got to try out yet, maybe someone knows if it will work for a local RSS feed that would change it's content based on what music Artist was playing at the moment?

<feed updateinterval="30">J:\Music\$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]\facts.xml</feed>

Of course if it did work that way, you'd have to have and 'facts.xml' in each Artist folder.

Huh
I really like this concept, but with a slightly different spin.

How about as a replacement/alternative for the visualizations that can show up now in todays XBMC. It would try to find something to display in the following manner with a 100% preference to the current artist/album/song but can fall back to the last 5 songs played (if available) or fall forward to the next 5 songs in the queue.

1 - A trivia question / factoid about the song*
2 - A trivia question / factoid about the album*
3 - A trivia question / factoid about the artist*
4 - A trivia question / factoid about the year (the playing song was released)*

If no questions are available it would use the same criteria using the last and/or next 5 songs / artists in the queue to find a question factoid to present.

* In all cases it wouldn't select any item that was shown in the past two hours (3?)

Compiling the data would be something of a group effort and we could automate some of the questions by data mining our own music collections.

Do open databases for detailed music information exist that would be open to being scraped for more complex data and what are the legal issues if any?

Billboard Charts I'm guessing is not a wise place to think about scraping... but how about music awards is that data 'public' or is it more like ...

"Any Rebroadcast, Retransmission, or Account of this Game and/or Music Award Show, Billboard Top Chart, etc, without the Express Written Consent of Major League Baseball, is Prohibited"

This is the problem... data capturing is a funny business and you gotta be careful or pay the price.

However I really like the concept.. and how about this:

The cleararts for paused TV is great.... but how about something different for movies that get paused for a prolonged period of time..

For a normal pause would display whatever it normally displays (the movie synopsis) and on screen controls but after 'time interval to be chosen' it starts a trivia and factoid slide show just like in the movies (that show before the movie begins). It could take the movie and or the top 5 actors and generate a number of trivia / factoid slides and rotate thru them until activity is detected (the remote is used) and then the view goes back to the paused movie.

You could really have some fun with this and design slides that feature your favorite movie time candy or beverages... Something like.. while we are waiting for the film to resume it would be a great time to help yourself to a delicious __________ from the snack bar. Really personalize it..

Too much work?
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Trivia / Facts on the Visualization screen0