[Apple TV] Launcher 3.0 Download Error?
Question 
I've just opened my ATV with the usb-creator (OCZ Diesel 8Gb worked fine). I then proceeded to update to Launcher 3.0 but am unable to download either XBMC 9.04.1 or Atlantis - when I select either of these, the screen says "Downloading" and then "An Error Occurred" with no additional details. The Boxee download worked but I'm not presently interested in that.

Does anyone have suggestions for diagnosing this error or, alternatively, steps for a manual download/install?

Thanks!
dc7800 Wrote:I've just opened my ATV with the usb-creator (OCZ Diesel 8Gb worked fine). I then proceeded to update to Launcher 3.0 but am unable to download either XBMC 9.04.1 or Atlantis - when I select either of these, the screen says "Downloading" and then "An Error Occurred" with no additional details. The Boxee download worked but I'm not presently interested in that.

maybe sf.net is slow/down. Will try here...

dc7800 Wrote:Does anyone have suggestions for diagnosing this error or, alternatively, steps for a manual download/install?
Thanks!

yep, logfiles Smile. see my sig for details.
IIRC there was a thread with instructions for manual installation, but something like this should do it:
Code:
wget http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/tags/xbmc-info/scripts/xbmc-9.04_update.sh
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XBMC_for_Mac-9.04.1.dmg
chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update.sh
sudo ./xbmc-9.04_update.sh XBMC_for_Mac-9.04.1.dmg

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
dc7800 Wrote:I've just opened my ATV with the usb-creator (OCZ Diesel 8Gb worked fine). I then proceeded to update to Launcher 3.0 but am unable to download either XBMC 9.04.1 or Atlantis - when I select either of these, the screen says "Downloading" and then "An Error Occurred" with no additional details.

Both downloads work just fine here....

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yep, looks like sf.net was playing up (for a couple of hours!). Downloading nicely now.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Launcher 3.0 Download Error?0