Smoothvideo not always loading
hi,

i have smooth video enabled, and adjust refresh rate enabled.

smoothvideo only loads sporadically, almost a mind of its own. It wont load with a file, but then if i stop (back to the menu) and start the file again, sometimes it will load.

behaviour seems better if its at a fixed refresh rate.

is this a known bug? (i cant find it via searching)

im using ikons 20932 build.

regards,

neil
apologies for the doulbe post.

this only appears to happen for 23.976fps videos on a 24.000hz display

is perhaps the display refresh fluctuating and the difference is not enough for smoothvideo to kick in?
Perhaps if you would care to pastebin the xbmc.log, some dev might care to look into the possible problem.
thanks for the reply, heres a log file for opening xbmc playing the same video 3 times, and on the third it plays using smoothvideo and is sped up to 25.00fps (according to the 'o' panel) then closing xbmc.

i know above i said it happened with autorefresh, it appears it happens without, so this is a 23.976 (i know the log says different) fps file and a 50hz display refresh rate. the file is remuxed from my wall-e bluray and contains the video, dts and an ac3 track.

i hope it is of some use.

http://paste2.org/p/250810

EDIT

i now have debug bugging turned on

http://paste2.org/p/250813

24hz display, open xbmc, play walle - no smoothvideo, play walle again - smoothvideo, exit xbmc

regards,

Neil
Sync playback to display doesn't work on vista with auto refreshrate.

I have no idea what you mean by "it doesn't load".
bobo1on1 Wrote:Sync playback to display doesn't work on vista with auto refreshrate.

I have no idea what you mean by "it doesn't load".

thanks for that. i did search the forums, but couldnt find this info out. even so, the second pastebin may be worth a glance, as that was with adjust refresh turned off. may just be my machine.

does it work in windows 7? or xp?
XP should work, I don't know about windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smoothvideo not always loading0