Which skins are actually ready for use...?
I've been using XBMC (windows XP) for a few days and would like to try a new skin. I've seen some awesome ones but I dont know which ones are ready for public consumption! I have the standard skin (PM3.HD) working really well but I just want to try something else without messing up what I already have!

This skin looks awesome, can someone please tell me what it is?

http://remote.collect3.com.au/

Can anyone suggest a skin that will work without messing up what I have?
That is media stream. http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

Most skins in the skinning svn should work, all skins that have a separate subforum works aswell.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Wow, thank you!
I just went over to Razorfish and it says that the skin is for Xbox. Can I install this on a Windows PC?
I went ahead and installed it - it's just awesome. I cnt get over how cool it is!!

Many thanks
unless you are running an HDTV mediastream or the modded version of mediastream are by far the most polished of all the skins imo...if you are using an HDTV it would still be my choice as a beginner and then as you get to know more about how things function work your way into using Aeon or Serenity because they supports media flagging where as media stream does not.
both aeon and serenity look awesome but from my experiance the arent quite as beginner friendly as mediastream is.
Actually there is a mod for media stream for media flagging. and skunkmonkee plans to revisit mediastream in the near future and add in things like mediastream which is why i have not added it into the xbox version so far and it does work well i just pulled the code out of auriga.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Actually there is a mod for media stream for media flagging. and skunkmonkee plans to revisit mediastream in the near future

i may have to switch back to mediastream when that happens.
to be honest i really prefer the feel of mediastream...its easy to navigate using remote or keyboard/mouse stark/auriga, serenity all seem to feel a bit more clunky which im sure will smooth itself out in time or perhaps i will just get used to the way things work with them.
but it would be nice to see an older skin get life breathed back into it especially mediastream because it still holds its own even in the company of the flashy new skins that have come out recently.
so anyways ty for the heads up and i will be looking forward to seeing some new bells and whistles added to the already amazing mediastream and i will also look into the media flagging mod that you you mentioned.
Vampirebat Wrote:i may have to switch back to mediastream when that happens.
to be honest i really prefer the feel of mediastream...its easy to navigate using remote or keyboard/mouse stark/auriga, serenity all seem to feel a bit more clunky which im sure will smooth itself out in time or perhaps i will just get used to the way things work with them.
but it would be nice to see an older skin get life breathed back into it especially mediastream because it still holds its own even in the company of the flashy new skins that have come out recently.
so anyways ty for the heads up and i will be looking forward to seeing some new bells and whistles added to the already amazing mediastream and i will also look into the media flagging mod that you you mentioned.
Well if skunk does not start on it soon i may just re release my mediastream V1 lite with media flag support, seeing as nobody else has done it so far. even then it wont be for at least a few weeks as i am working on 3 other skins as it is. i must be mad:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which skins are actually ready for use...?0