• 18(current)
[MOD] List View Rev2
Ram2000 Wrote:ok going to post this here as well
I have been playing with movie genre and found it can use png instead of bmp
now this gave me an Idea not quite perfected the process yet but tell me what you think....

The png file is from another media center thing but I like the idea and would be willing to make my own if this works.

Incidentally I can not get them to show up on the low list for some reason I mocked this up.

Great idea man, I dig it. Would love to do the same thing with music genre's as well. Although... I think you'd be best served with not using the tilt on the image and placing it in the same format as album or dvd covers (I love the glass cases)

Although, I have to admit Charisma's ass is quite distracting...
True it would be better to stick with the theme its wide open for improvement but you get the idea heres another I knocked up
For some reason Low list isnt display the genre pictures though with or without my mod.

Pastebin link in the first post has been updated (sorry about that!)
Ok Im totally lost PLEASE help leeuw I really really really want to use png files for my genre.
But on low list it isn't picking any up png's or bmp's.
I have gone through the includes.genre.xml but its alldouble dutch to me :-(
I am hoping to keep low list theme all through my XBMC but this is messing up an otherwise great look you created.
thanks for any help.
Ram2000 Wrote:Ok Im totally lost PLEASE help leeuw I really really really want to use png files for my genre.
But on low list it isn't picking any up png's or bmp's.
I have gone through the includes.genre.xml but its alldouble dutch to me :-(
I am hoping to keep low list theme all through my XBMC but this is messing up an otherwise great look you created.
thanks for any help.

Thanks, Ram2000! Hitcher added genre support after low list came into fruition, and I haven't tried to make them compatible yet. I'll take a look at Hitcher's code and see if I can hack something together this weekend.
Leeuw Wrote:Thanks, Ram2000! Hitcher added genre support after low list came into fruition, and I haven't tried to make them compatible yet. I'll take a look at Hitcher's code and see if I can hack something together this weekend.

Great news thanks again means i can get to work making more genre pngs and picking out sexy backdrops hehe
Great skin, have been using it for some time now. But since I dont have trailers I decided to remove a few features and have a go at modding a few things myself

This is what Ive come up with...bare in mind im no skinner/coder

Wide

Normal

Two thing I would like to do

1. Move the Film list to the middle of the screen

2. After moving the list, hopefully have the ability to display the whole film name with no scrolling

I've had a look at the files and coding and for the life of me cant figure out how to move the film list. can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

P.S If any wants the 2 xml files I modified Ill set up a link
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
Ok been busy if you an get the genre working made these so far

Image Image

Image Image

Let me know what you all think.
Very nice indeed great work so far i will download a few to test with.
Ps do you take requests for genres?Big Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Very nice indeed great work so far i will download a few to test with.
Ps do you take requests for genres?Big Grin

Well hopefully will have them all but not getting carried away till i can see it actually working in low list
what you looking for genre wise ?
I have had a look at the includes_genre.xml to see if theres anything i can figure out but alas its all double dutch to me....

Leeuw
do you think while your looking at that you can look into why actor thumbs dont work either thanks again
this is what it should look like :p

Ram2000 Wrote:Well hopefully will have them all but not getting carried away till i can see it actually working in low list
I have had a look at the includes_genre.xml to see if theres anything i can figure out but alas its all double dutch to me....

I looked at it for a few minutes and it's pretty easy to get the Movie Genres
into the Low_List.... A quick edit had the genres working but the black poster
was still there... Just a matter of finding where it is declared and put a condition
not to display it when in Genres...

I am pretty busy today but i will try and have a quick mod for ya tomorrow.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I looked at it for a few minutes and it's pretty easy to get the Movie Genres
into the Low_List.... A quick edit had the genres working but the black poster
was still there... Just a matter of finding where it is declared and put a condition
not to display it when in Genres...

I am pretty busy today but i will try and have a quick mod for ya tomorrow.

-Pr.

Pr, thanks for looking into that, any help would be appreciated -- the black poster is declared here in Includes_LowList.xml:

Code:
<!-- Poster Media Icons -->
<include name="LowList_PosterMediaIcons">
    <control type="group">
        <include>ListIcon_PosterIconGroup</include>
        <visible>![Container.Content(episodes) + ![Control.HasFocus(55110) | Control.IsVisible(55111) | Control.IsVisible(55112)]]</visible>
        <control type="image">
            <description>DVD Case Frame</description>
            <include>LowList_DVDCaseVars</include>
            <texture>thumbs/boxes/poster_shadow.png</texture>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(dvdcase)</visible>
        </control>
        [color=green]<control type="largeimage">
            <description>Poster Icon Mask</description>
            <include>LowList_PosterIconVars</include>
            <texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">common/black.png</texture>
            <bordertexture border="-18">thumbs/movieposter_frame.png</bordertexture>
            <fadetime>400</fadetime>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(dvdcase)</visible>
        </control>[/color]

You may have to edit the visiblity conditions for the group -- if you and Ram2000 can't get it up and running I'll take a look (but have been swamped with "real" work lately...)
Ram2000 Wrote:Well hopefully will have them all but not getting carried away till i can see it actually working in low list

Leeuw
do you think while your looking at that you can look into why actor thumbs dont work either thanks again
this is what it should look like :p

Hi My most used Genres are Action / Comedy / Drama / Fantasy / Horror / Thriller / War
There are others but no point in swamping you out with loads. And they look great using those few starter ones you posted. Thanks
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Heres a few more

Image Image

Image Image
Here you go with the quick and dirty mod. I prefer it this way (without the poster
shape and mask) but it should be easy for you to play with it to get it back.

All you need to do is play with the visibility of parts of the group instead of the
whole group (i hide the whole poster group)

OK... Let's get started...

In Includes_genre.xml, Find :

Code:
<!-- List -->
<include name="mod_moviegenre_list1">
    <control type="image">
        <visible>Container.Content(genres) + !Window.IsActive(502) + !Skin.HasSetting(moviegenre_onoff)</visible>
        <width>346</width>
        <height>511</height>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
        <texture diffuse="list/list_movieicon_mask.png" fallback="moviegenre/default.bmp">moviegenre/$INFO[ListItem(0).Label].bmp</texture>
        <bordertexture border="-28">list/list_movieicon_frame.png</bordertexture>
    </control>
</include>
<include name="mod_moviegenre_list2">
    <control type="image">
        <visible>Container.Content(genres) + !Window.IsActive(502) + !Skin.HasSetting(moviegenre_onoff)</visible>
        <posy>513</posy>
        <width>346</width>
        <height>511</height>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <texture  flipy="true" diffuse="list/list_movieicon_flipmask.png" fallback="moviegenre/default.bmp">moviegenre/$INFO[ListItem(0).Label].bmp</texture>
    </control>
</include>
<!-- list End -->

And add this right after it :

Code:
<!-- LowList -->
<include name="mod_moviegenre_lowlist1">
    <control type="image">
        <width>346</width>
        <height>311</height>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
        <texture fallback="moviegenre/default.png">moviegenre/$INFO[ListItem(0).Label].png</texture>                        
    </control>
</include>
<include name="mod_moviegenre_lowlist2">
    <control type="image">
        <posy>513</posy>
        <width>346</width>
        <height>511</height>
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <texture  flipy="true" diffuse="list/list_movieicon_flipmask.png" fallback="moviegenre/default.png">moviegenre/$INFO[ListItem(0).Label].png</texture>
    </control>
</include>
<!-- LowList End -->

In Includes_LowList.xml, find :

Code:
    <control type="group">
        <visible>![Container.Content(episodes) + ![Control.HasFocus(55110) | Control.IsVisible(55111) | Control.IsVisible(55112)]]</visible>
        <control type="image">
        </control>

And change the visibility to :

Code:
    <control type="group">
        [b]<visible>![Container.Content(episodes) + ![Control.HasFocus(55110) | Control.IsVisible(55111) | Control.IsVisible(55112)]] + !Container.Content(genres)</visible>[/b]
        <control type="image">
        </control>

In Viewtype_List_Low.xml, find :

Code:
        <!-- Media icon -->
        <control type="group">
            <description>Media icon</description>
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>400</posy>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(551)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-22,0" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Control.HasFocus(61)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-57" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Control.IsVisible(20)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="-600,0" end="0,0" tween="cubic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="400" start="0" end="100">Visible</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="400" start="100" end="0">Hidden</animation>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(25) + Skin.HasSetting(videotv)]">LowList_EpisodeMediaIcons</include>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(25)]">LowList_PosterMediaIcons</include>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(501) | Window.IsActive(502)]">LowList_SquareMediaIcons</include>
            <!-- Landscape Icons -->

And add the include for the movie genres :

Code:
        <!-- Media icon -->
        <control type="group">
            <description>Media icon</description>
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>400</posy>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(551)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-22,0" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Control.HasFocus(61)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-57" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Control.IsVisible(20)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="-600,0" end="0,0" tween="cubic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="400" start="0" end="100">Visible</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="400" start="100" end="0">Hidden</animation>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(25) + Skin.HasSetting(videotv)]">LowList_EpisodeMediaIcons</include>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(25)]">LowList_PosterMediaIcons</include>
            <include condition="[Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(501) | Window.IsActive(502)]">LowList_SquareMediaIcons</include>
            [b]<include>mod_moviegenre_lowlist1</include>[/b]
            <!-- Landscape Icons -->

That's it! Pretty easy mod no? Just make sure to put your .png files in the
media/moviegenre directory and you should be good to go.

Make sure you backup you stuff before you change anything cause i did this
very very quickly before going to bed after a long day of fixing computers. I
may be too tired to notice typos while making this post (i hate my laptop's
touchpad... makes me lose whole paragraphs sometimes!)

Of course this has been done on the Final Aeon Hitched so users of other mods
beware.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] List View Rev23