[MAC] Need help to setup XBMC right...
Hi!

Ive been using Plex for a good while, but lately it chrashes, doesnt update mu recently added items and i wanna use xbmc skins. So here i am..

I have three questions, first, i wanna get rid of the two dots that on klick takes me back one step, these badboys:

Question two: how do i set escape to step one step back, not all the way to startmenu?

And question three: Since my library is kinda big, and is loading into xbmc right now, does xbmc play the themesongs like plex do?

Best regards Jerry
@Strayboy
1) I think you need to check the "Hide parent folder items" option, see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Appearance_S...ew_Options

2) I don't know how you can change that behaviour, I'm sure someone will answer it, maybe in the keymap.xml or somewhere like that, usually Backspace key goes back one screen.

3) no idea...
Thanx a lot, that took care of the first problem for me.

Now if i could get esc to back one step instead of all the way..

Doesnt XBMC play Thememusic at all for tvshows and such? Plex does this and its a nice feature. But XBMC is so much more stable for me.
Unfortunately it doesn't play theme songs like Plex does. Would definitely be a cool feature if implemented. There are a few topics on the matter floating around somewhere if you search for 'em. The 2 things I miss the most since switching from plex to XBMC are the ability to startup fullscreen on an external monitor the the tv theme feature.

Some day...

Haha.
im pretty sure that backspace goes up one level instead of escape that returns the the root level
I think I found these two lines in XBMC\system\keymap.xml, you can probably change Escape to go ParentDir instead of PreviousMenu, but you will probably loose that with the next upgrade, not an expert on that.

Code:
[...]
      <backspace>ParentDir</backspace>
      [...]
      <escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
[...]
Hi guys,

Thanx for the inut. I was too quick i guess, found backaspace, and it works as well, just used to have escpae for it.

I will miss themesongs though. Maybe in an update..
You can always write a small script and place it in autoexec.py to start your theme song...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ithin_XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Need help to setup XBMC right...0