Aeon on NVIDIA Ion graphics and Atom CPU hardware at 1080p native skin resolution?
Hitcher Wrote:Aeon simply has more going on (includes, conditions, etc) than other skins so it's going to push your hardware more.

You just summed up what ive been trying to say in one simple sentence Wink
Hitcher Wrote:That's exactly what background loading does.

Mediastream and PM3HD both load movie posters fast enough for similar views and fast scrolling though, and the Aeon TV Muliplex doesn't lag the same way - so something has to be different... ?

Aeon simply has more going on (includes, conditions, etc) than other skins so it's going to push your hardware more.

I hear ya - but here's where I'm stumped. I installed your mod (it's fantastic it btw) and yours loads MUCH faster!! Yours feels like it has the next poster cached - i whipped up another quick youtube of what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBF1U5baVTw

It's Aeon Auriga at the start and your Hitched mod after the switch - see how much faster the thumbs load in yours? How'd you do that? I love it!
Naser Wrote:You just summed up what ive been trying to say in one simple sentence Wink

Yeah well, he's just trying to get to the bottom of it. Cos ideally he wants things as nice as possible on his hardware. No shame in that.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Yeah well, he's just trying to get to the bottom of it. Cos ideally he wants things as nice as possible on his hardware. No shame in that.

Sorry m8, i didnt intend it the way it came out, my bad.

Groove; here are a couple of things you might wanna check (r u on linux?)sorry cant remember;

1-Might be the slow access time on these (5400rpm) drives, try accessing some of your media from a fast usb stick.

2- On mine windows 7 run a little better & there nVidia has the latest drivers for with some tweaks for performance, bug fixes etc.., make an image incase you wanna revert back.

3- Make sure you install the latest bios, I think Acer has diffrent bioses for linux & windows.

If all fails, than you might wanna try reformating & starting over.
The Corsair Flash Voyager GT seems to be all round the fastest usb flash drive going today.

Groove996 Wrote:I hear ya - but here's where I'm stumped. I installed your mod (it's fantastic it btw) and yours loads MUCH faster!! Yours feels like it has the next poster cached - i whipped up another quick youtube of what i mean

It's Aeon Auriga at the start and your Hitched mod after the switch - see how much faster the thumbs load in yours? How'd you do that? I love it!

Do you have a lot of Movies?

Have All thumbs been generated yet?

To me, it looks more like the tthumbs are being generated and loaded. You know
when you have just installed XBMC and it is caching the thumbs? That's what
i think is happening here.

Have you tried just going to the Movies and not doing anything for like 15
minutes and then start scrolling with the skin that is supposedly slow?

Whenever i delete my thumbs or reinstall XBMC from scratch, i just let it
sit there in a view so that it creates posters for my 1600+ movies and
11000+ TV Show episodes...

After you tried hitched, did you go back to the old one and check?

Have you tried going back to the begining of the list and see if it's still
slow. If it isn't slow anymore for the thumbs it has already displayed once
then it was generating them.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Do you have a lot of Movies?

Whenever i delete my thumbs or reinstall XBMC from scratch, i just let it
sit there in a view so that it creates posters for my 1600+ movies and
11000+ TV Show episodes...

-Pr.

1600 movies & 11K TV shows, mannnnnnn & i thought i needed external storage badly, i actually bought the droboPro with 8TB, but another word of advice is to stay away from it until they iron all the performance issues, i guess im just very unlucky with hardware Sad
Naser Wrote:1600 movies & 11K TV shows, mannnnnnn & i thought i needed external storage badly, i actually bought the droboPro with 8TB, but another word of advice is to stay away from it until they iron all the performance issues, i guess im just very unlucky with hardware Sad

Hehehe... I have been pretty lucky with hard drives so far ever since i lost a
lot of data once. Ever since then, i just change my hard drives constantly.

Whenever the new biggest size is affordable, i swap out all the drives for the new
ones. So even with the 5 year warranty, i never use a drive for more than a year!

I looked a the Drobos for a long time but i just figured they were way too
expensive. I have an Antec 900 case with 5 drives in it and 2 Sans Digital TowerRAID TR4M-B with 4 Drives each. They are super cheap ($169 at NewEgg) and Seagate 1.5TBs are also the best bang for your buck right now...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I looked a the Drobos for a long time but i just figured they were way too
expensive. I have an Antec 900 case with 5 drives in it and 2 Sans Digital TowerRAID TR4M-B with 4 Drives each. They are super cheap ($169 at NewEgg) and Seagate 1.5TBs are also the best bang for your buck right now...

-Pr.

I hear you man, i decided im gonna build my own too using Windows Home server,the best thing about it is that not only will it be a lot cheaper but also it does automatic backup of all PC's connected to your home network & the performance from sata raid on that will be the best option.

wasted so much effort & money to reach to your conclusion but what the heck! better late then never.
Groove996 Wrote:I hear ya - but here's where I'm stumped. I installed your mod (it's fantastic it btw) and yours loads MUCH faster!! Yours feels like it has the next poster cached - i whipped up another quick youtube of what i mean

I remember now, Auriga had 'background downloading' included but djh forgot to add the 'preloaditems' tags without which background downloading is useless.
Hitcher Wrote:I remember now, Auriga had 'background downloading' included but djh forgot to add the 'preloaditems' tags without which background downloading is useless.

any way we can fix this as end users?

Just got my ASRock 330. Now wondering whether to run XBMC off Memstick, or install it to a partition on the HDD. My concern is the UI speed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon on NVIDIA Ion graphics and Atom CPU hardware at 1080p native skin resolution?1