• 2(current)
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup?
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I'm glad it finally worked out for you. it's completely normal that there are no XBMC sounds at all, I think nobody got them to work via HDMI. and remember, as long as you uncheck the "downmix to stereo" option, XBMC will passthrough all audio unchanged to your receiver, if he's capable of decoding it or not (AAC is often problematic)

also, because of the HDCP handshake, there *should* be a pause of around 1 to 2 sec when you start playing a movie before you hear any sound

Thankfully mine does DTS/AC3, thanks for the tip about AAC my sony amp does support it I think but I only have a handful of files that use it.

Thats good to know about the HDCP handshake thanks for the info.
just got my asrock.. replaced the nvidia drivers with the latest package as per link on 1st page using magiciso.. burned fine - installed fine - but in XBMC it doesnt recognise the ION GPU.. any ideas?
Anyone know where to get the ASRock in EU now? Only found one place in Denmark which doesn't have it until the first of July Sad
needmorstuff Wrote:just got my asrock.. replaced the nvidia drivers with the latest package as per link on 1st page using magiciso.. burned fine - installed fine - but in XBMC it doesnt recognise the ION GPU.. any ideas?

Thats odd sure you didn't burn the original XBMC Live by accident ?

Try remaking the new iso image just in case.

Maybe someone else knows of a command to tell the driver version.

ultrabrutal - I got mine from here, does international delivery.
Starstream Wrote:Thats odd sure you didn't burn the original XBMC Live by accident ?

£299? try aria.co.uk £266
Starstream Wrote:Thats odd sure you didn't burn the original XBMC Live by accident ?

I must have just used the original one - doh.

however when I put the new drivers in the latest version of live using magic iso - it installs but has an error "buffer io error on sr0" multiple times then asks for my install password... seems to be ok after reboot - xbmc logo flashes but then just a black screen.

tried 4.01 with new drivers but same problem
tried another two cd's - same issue.. any chance someone can host an iso with latest drivers for me?
Corrupted driver download maybe ?

All I did was download drivers unrar with winrar into folder with XBMC Live ISO

Start ISO Magic - load in XBMC Live ISO

Drag and drop new nvidia driver over existing ones

Confirm replace existing file

Save file to new iso & burn to disc.

What you could try is extracting the contents of the XBMC Live ISO to a USB flash drive then overwrite the nvidia driver with a newer one and boot from the USB drive.
yes.. same as what I did.. could you link me with the version of the files you used? I did re-download what I thought were the correct files..
After a few days fiddeling about (totally linux noob), i have finally gotten my HDMI audio working.. Even the menu sounds are 100% on my setup.

For those interested, my setup is like this

BIOS:
GPU share memory 512mb ram
OC CPU 2000mhz

XBMC Audio:
Digital output
No AC3
No DTS
output device "HDMI"
passthrough "HDMI"
no downmix

XBMC video:
render VDPAU
ajust refresh rate

the file ~/.asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0,3"
}
}

finally, i had to run alsamixer from bash and make sure everything was unmuted.

This is the result of hours of try and fail, with info stolen from various resources. Im not really sure what is contributing to it working and what is not, so im just leaving it there until i do :-P every setting may or may not have some function.
needmorstuff Wrote:yes.. same as what I did.. could you link me with the version of the files you used? I did re-download what I thought were the correct files..

Try re-downloading from here
restricteddrivers.nvidia
XBMC Live 9.04.1

Caligo Wrote:After a few days fiddeling about (totally linux noob), i have finally gotten my HDMI audio working.. Even the menu sounds are 100% on my setup.

For those interested, my setup is like this

BIOS:
GPU share memory 512mb ram
OC CPU 2000mhz

XBMC Audio:
Digital output
No AC3
No DTS
output device "HDMI"
passthrough "HDMI"
no downmix

XBMC video:
render VDPAU
ajust refresh rate

the file ~/.asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0,3"
}
}

finally, i had to run alsamixer from bash and make sure everything was unmuted.

This is the result of hours of try and fail, with info stolen from various resources. Im not really sure what is contributing to it working and what is not, so im just leaving it there until i do :-P every setting may or may not have some function.

Thats good news thanks for the info Caligo, with hdmi just set as audio outputs you get audio in videos/music but not the interface.

I'm guessing your modifications there enable the audio in the UI, I might give that a try sometime.
Starstream Wrote:I'm guessing your modifications there enable the audio in the UI, I might give that a try sometime.

looks like it is the modified asound.rc have to try this myself

one question though: do you feed the HDMI into a receiver or directly into your LCD? I don't get why you switched off AC3 and DTS Oo
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Yeah, im plugging it directly into the TV, so i wont get any benefit from DTS or AC3 anyways.
Starstream Wrote:Try re-downloading from here
restricteddrivers.nvidia
XBMC Live 9.04.1

thats where i did.. maybe it's due to me using magic iso.. and not iso magic. Will try a different iso programme tonight and see how I get on.
needmorstuff Wrote:thats where i did.. maybe it's due to me using magic iso.. and not iso magic. Will try a different iso programme tonight and see how I get on.

Let me know if you still can't get this to work and I'll upload the ISO I made this evening, which has fixed this problem for me.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup?0