Questions about some Focus elements
I've been playing around with fixing/modding Focus a little bit, but I'm stuck on a couple things. I'm new to xml files and skinning for XBMC but I've managed to figure some stuff out.

I am stuck on a few things however and I was hoping Jeroen or someone would point in the right direction.

1. In which xml file can I find the code for the watched, unwatched, all button for the video library. Right now, if you set it to watched it only show a series if you've watched every episode in it. I think I'd rather change it to "hide watched" on or off.

2. In the video library on the season view for TV shows, the title bar shows the season and series name, but they are over top of each other. Where is this code located. I thought it would be in MyVideoNav, but I can't seem to find it.

3. When you are playing a video and hit display on the Xbox remote it takes you back to the video library with the video playing in the background. At the bottom it says something like "Playing <movie name>", but there's an error in the code as it also displays [set color=subtext] (or something like like I'm at work so I can't see it right now). I'd like to fix that, but I can't find where the code is for that either.

4. Jeroen - I noticed the xpr is protected. I assume that's where the MPAA rating icons are stored. If I gave you some new ones could you whip me up a new xpr?

Thanks for any help on this.
2. I would search in viewsvideo.xml

3. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51345

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks. I'll check out ViewsVideo.xml again. I looked previously, but nothing jumped out at me.

LibraryVideoMenu.xml looks like the xml for slide window (issue #1) with the watched option, but I can't make out what is working the button (or whatever it is).

I have seen that link you reference before, but it's not showing the specific problem I'm talking about #2. I had already fixed the ones he lists there.
RockDawg Wrote:1. In which xml file can I find the code for the watched, unwatched, all button for the video library. Right now, if you set it to watched it only show a series if you've watched every episode in it. I think I'd rather change it to "hide watched" on or off.
If I understand you correctly I think this is basically something which XBMC handles itself. In terms of functionality, does it differ for you compared to PM3 for instance?

Quote:2. In the video library on the season view for TV shows, the title bar shows the season and series name, but they are over top of each other. Where is this code located. I thought it would be in MyVideoNav, but I can't seem to find it.
Got it, fixed for next release.

Quote:3. When you are playing a video and hit display on the Xbox remote it takes you back to the video library with the video playing in the background. At the bottom it says something like "Playing <movie name>", but there's an error in the code as it also displays [set color=subtext] (or something like like I'm at work so I can't see it right now). I'd like to fix that, but I can't find where the code is for that either.
Also fixed in my version. If you want a quick fix, go into the Focus/language/english folder, open strings.xml and replace line 143 with:

PHP Code:
<string id="31079">[color=sublabel-text]Playing [/color]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]</string

Quote:4. Jeroen - I noticed the xpr is protected. I assume that's where the MPAA rating icons are stored. If I gave you some new ones could you whip me up a new xpr?
Because of stupidity on my behalf I have to sort out/rename a lot of images before I can build a new .xpr. I plan to do this for the next release. Then Focus will be available on SVN too, so you can build your own .xpr's

Quote:Thanks for any help on this.
Thank you for reporting Smile
Jeroen Wrote:If I understand you correctly I think this is basically something which XBMC handles itself. In terms of functionality, does it differ for you compared to PM3 for instance?

Yes. PM3 defaults to "show all" and has a radio button that you use to enable/diable "hide watched". So you either see all your videos or only the ones that are unwatched. Focus also includes on that only shows what's watched, but for TV shows it only lists the series in which all the episodes are watched. I would've assumed it would list all series that contain at least one watched episode and then only list the watched season/episodes within. I assume this is a function of XBMC and not Focus. Either way, I thought if I could find the code I could simply remove the "watched" option which and then have either "all" or "unwatched".

Thanks for the help and the fixes. I hope you didn't think I was asking for you to update the skin. I was just working on it myself and got stumped on these particular things. I appreciate it nonetheless.

I understand about the xpr. Putting it up in svn would be great. I look forward to that.

This is a really nice skin you've made and I appreciate your time and effort. Would love to see it updated with media flags and whatnot, but I understand it would be a lot of work and your time is dedicated elsewhere right now. Just letting you know in case you ever consider working on it some more that there are some of us out here that still love and use Focus.
RockDawg Wrote:Yes. PM3 defaults to "show all" and has a radio button that you use to enable/diable "hide watched". So you either see all your videos or only the ones that are unwatched. Focus also includes on that only shows what's watched, but for TV shows it only lists the series in which all the episodes are watched. I would've assumed it would list all series that contain at least one watched episode and then only list the watched season/episodes within. I assume this is a function of XBMC and not Focus. Either way, I thought if I could find the code I could simply remove the "watched" option which and then have either "all" or "unwatched".
OK, I'll look into the hide/watched some more then.

Quote:Thanks for the help and the fixes. I hope you didn't think I was asking for you to update the skin. I was just working on it myself and got stumped on these particular things. I appreciate it nonetheless.
No worries, I was working on an update anyway and looking through threads to see if there's stuff I could include.

Quote:This is a really nice skin you've made and I appreciate your time and effort. Would love to see it updated with media flags and whatnot, but I understand it would be a lot of work and your time is dedicated elsewhere right now. Just letting you know in case you ever consider working on it some more that there are some of us out here that still love and use Focus.
I would love to work on Focus more in the future so it could include things like mediaflagging. Right now I just want to put out an update that fixes some of the most important issues like not being able to add sources properly. I'm working on a new skin too, which isn't too far of from release, so maybe that will be to your liking too. Big updates to Focus will probably be reserved for a total rebuild in the future.
Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about some Focus elements0