[XBOX] Standby mode / Sleep mode (power-save mode, without shutting down) on the Xbox
(pike @ mar. 10 2006,12:29 Wrote:me & jmarshall discussed this patch briefly and we both feel it's unnecessary adding this hlt/idle stuff to cvs now, with the freeze and all. who knows what impacts (small or large) it may have
does it mean the patch will find it´s way to cvs after 2.0 release?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Information 
great work mistermrb, i can't believe this wasn't already in there somewhere bios/xbmc.. hlt instruction and it's implications is old news.
can't wait to get this in there. will save tons on my electric bill which is insane imo (near $2000 a year)
i was thinking it would be cool if someone could figure out a way to make a way on xbmc, a way to turn ur xbox on standby instead of shuting it off and make it so you could turn ur xbox backon using ur remote or controller, that would just be freaking sweet. just wondering if its possible and if so, can someone make this possible. you know its a cool idea lol
there is an ir mod & it would probably be easier than trying to figure out a way for xbmc to handle this.

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-irmod
true, but i am trying so hard not to open my xbox. if someone can figure it out that would be sweet
well, opening the xbox is the fun part! :kickass:
First of all, thanks for your efforts, MisterMrB!

pike Wrote:me & jmarshall discussed this patch briefly and we both feel it's unnecessary adding this hlt/idle stuff to cvs now, with the freeze and all. who knows what impacts (small or large) it may have
Now, after 2.0 and 2.0.1, wouldn't it be great to integrate this patch into cvs/svn? If it doesn't work as expected, you could still remove it again from svn.

This patch would be so useful for all XMBC users out there! A more quiet xbox with less power consumption.

Please, think about it again! Thanks!
Alex
I second that, it's time to test out that bad boy Smile
Nod Yes, test it! Nod
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I'm sorry, if I am annoying you, but is there any progress in the integration of this patch?

Alex
I'm also very interested in this. I'm not terribly attached to visualisations while listening to music (what my xbox spends 4-12 hours a day doing) and would pick a quieter lower power consuming mode in almost every circumstance.

I'm not sure that limiting the frame rate of the gui is a great idea, but including the option (configurable preferably) couldn't hurt. Anyone who has skin animations disabled would likely never notice a frame rate drop, unless the folder scroll speed is tied to framerate, which my 24 page long artist folder would pose a problem. :p

I suppose the low power mode would be a boon for anyone using the xbox as a carpc with xbmc.
If you dont like the visualizations then try "Dim" 90%
I PM'ed mistermrb and wrote him an email. It didn't bounce but heard nothing back from him. Guess he totally left the scene. I hope someone else will pick up this project and atleast get HLT in there
HarshReality Wrote:If you dont like the visualizations then try "Dim" 90%

The point is that unless the hlt instruction is implemented disabling visualisations/animated screensavers will provide no (or extremely little) power reduction.

Also, I beleive that dim still causes the gui to render so that's a bad choice anyhow, the black screensaver would be preferable.
03.03.07 added: CPU idle thread with HLT instruction to cool and lower energy usage.

Discussion about this new feature here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25125

Cheers,
sCAPe
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Standby mode / Sleep mode (power-save mode, without shutting down) on the Xbox2