• 15(current)
[MOD] Native Media Flagging / Conditional Weather / Multiplex TV Posters - ModPack
Does this mod use 100% native flagging or does it fall back on the NFO studio hack? Can you add media flagging to TV episodes too?

I'm so happy to finally have an Aeon that works properly in TV mode and the tweaks to movie mode are fantastic, really great job Hitcher. Now you just need to come up with a name and this can become the new Horizons ;-P
midgetspy Wrote:Does this mod use 100% native flagging or does it fall back on the NFO studio hack? Can you add media flagging to TV episodes too?
100% native flagging.

There's no real need for the old method now that XBMC supports it (unless your using the Xbox I suppose but then again you're not going to have any HD material on there anyway).
But that's the crunch for me. I use xbmc on a htpc (well laptop but it's used for xbmc far more than anything else) and also on 2 xboxes (front room and kids lounge). I WOULD want some form of dual mode for media flagging so I can see what isn't playable on the xbox so the kids don't try and watch a stuttering show/film.

Now I dunno if native media flagging will get added to the xbmc fork anytime (don't think so from the other threads I've created here) and what with the demise of the more xbox friendly textures, but I just hope not everyone writes off the xbox.

Just my humble opinion

Brent
Or you could do what I do and store HD videos in a different folder to SD ones. That way you just link the SD ones to the Xbox and both to your laptop.
I like your mod but missing for me are the codec flags in movies the same as TV, source is shown fine dvd, blu ray, HD DVD but anything else xvid or h264 etc there's no flag

Other Aeon mods show both at the same position if its an xvid with dvd in the title or h264 with blu ray in the title the source seems to get priority nothing in the title and codec is shown Smile
When I do a library scan I get this.
http://img195.yfrog.com/img195/3965/screenshot000y.png

Never mind the missing panel graphic. I got that sorted out. In plain Aeon it moves from the bottom to the center of the home screen, if the menu is at the bottom. can that happen in this mod as well? Also can I lock the menu at the bottom so it never moves to the center?

Also the media files you posted....are they meant to be extracted separately, or is it just a single .rar package split into 2 files. I ask because when I extract each separately, I get an error from media.part2.rar. "Data error in 'media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_tablet.png'. File is broken.
Me again,

So when I search for a new thumb or fanart, the media info on the screen moves to look like this:
It's the Media folder split into two RARs. As for the rest I'll have a look later down the as I'm starting from scratch and using GitHub to submit my changes as I go along.
kricker Wrote:Me again,

So when I search for a new thumb or fanart, the media info on the screen moves to look like this:

Happens on all versions and can't be fixed.
Hitcher Wrote:It's the Media folder split into two RARs. As for the rest I'll have a look later down the as I'm starting from scratch and using GitHub to submit my changes as I go along.
NP...sorry to be a pain. I had another user urge me to try it out as he was having issues getting the media info to show.
Hi,

It seems that showcase is not using native flagging for the source/codec.

My Blu-ray and HD-DVD ones show no problem but anything DivX, XviD, MPEG2, etc doesn't show up in the Showcase view.

Switching to List or Multiplex shows the proper info.

Thanks for this great mod BTW.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Oh yeah, forgot something...

The Scanning for New Content dialog doesn't move around and doesn't get
hidden when playing a video.

The old huge one by djh would reposition itself as to not obstruct the Home
bar if it positioned at the bottom. It would also hide itself when playing a video
but the one in your mod doesn't.

In the meantime, I added a condition to hide it when a video is playing but i
don't know how to make it move around depending on what is displayed on the
screen.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Hi Hitcher,

I noticed you mentioned you would update to turn off / on the recent additions on the main menu, will that be coming anytime soon? Maybe a up key to bring it up similar to how the down key brings up your sub-menu? I do like how CF2009's sub-menu mod is customizable for plug-ins or scripts, any chance you will integrate that feature?

Last but not least, thoughts on trailer previews in the multiplex view? That is a deal breaker for me as I don't have trailers for all movies and hate that I need to hit "i" for info to see if a trailer is there or to play it.

Love the animated weather icons!

Many thanks for the considerations..

Cheers
The original mod is not being worked on anymore because I'm currently getting it all up on GitHub to make it easier to see the changes.
I might start a new thread to track the changes as I go and to keep it separate from this one until it's up-to-date.
New thread can be found here -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54500
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Native Media Flagging / Conditional Weather / Multiplex TV Posters - ModPack3