Installing latest SVN build on Apple TV.
I am trying to get MiniMeedia installed and it requires the latest SVN build. I have WinSCP and putty installed and can connect via SSH. How does one go about getting the latest SVN build and install it on the apple tv?
phirstube Wrote:I am trying to get MiniMeedia installed and it requires the latest SVN build. I have WinSCP and putty installed and can connect via SSH. How does one go about getting the latest SVN build and install it on the apple tv?

I find Google works quite well... Confused

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

http://xbmcsvnosx.blogspot.com/2009/01/i...build.html
sorry that tutorial only covers installing from mac os x to apple tv...not windows to apple tv
also that download links takes you to a .dmg file....again not suitable for a windows to apple tv install....

trust me i have burned these bridges before.
phirstube Wrote:also that download links takes you to a .dmg file....again not suitable for a windows to apple tv install....

If I had an ITV I'd know how to make it for you people. but since it is a dmg can't you either extract it on a pc or mount it on a mac and just ftp the contents over to your ITV?
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
phirstube Wrote:also that download links takes you to a .dmg file....again not suitable for a windows to apple tv install....

Then move the dmg to the appletv and mount it there. The Apple is an OSX box after all. In fact, if you have wget or curl on the AppleTV, you can fetch it right from the AppleTV and skip the Windows system. That of course means using a SSH client.

@TheQuestor; the dmg is the proper format for distribution. Anything else is just asking for trouble.
TheQuestor Wrote:If I had an ITV I'd know how to make it for you people. but since it is a dmg can't you either extract it on a pc or mount it on a mac and just ftp the contents over to your ITV?

http://hem.bredband.net/catacombae/hfsx.html

seems to work fine. Basically it installs a filter on windows that allows you to mount HFS files but you need a java vm installed also. I've tried it and it works like a charm to mount and explore and extract dmg file.

I only recently moved from a standard zip archive of xbmc.app to a dmg installer after being asked quite a few times for this feature.

Sorry if it made your life more difficult but that link above should give you the ability to update your XBMC on your ITV again.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
@phirstube
Grab a .dmg that was built with 10.4 support (not sure about those links posted above) and scp it to your ATV. Then download the script Launcher uses to update XBMC, which can be found in the current update_urls.plist. After that, just run the install script with the downloaded dmg as parameter:

Code:
wget http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/tags/xbmc-info/scripts/xbmc-9.04_update.sh
chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update.sh
./xbmc-9.04_update.sh xyz.dmg

If this sounds somewhat strange, it's probably best to wait for someone from the community to provide you with new builds on the ATV. Tsf42m might be the right guy to poke (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44301)

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks MaestroDD. I will try this tonight.
MaestroDD Wrote:@phirstube
Grab a .dmg that was built with 10.4 support (not sure about those links posted above) and scp it to your ATV. Then download the script Launcher uses to update XBMC, which can be found in the current update_urls.plist. After that, just run the install script with the downloaded dmg as parameter:

Code:
wget http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/tags/xbmc-info/scripts/xbmc-9.04_update.sh
chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update.sh
./xbmc-9.04_update.sh xyz.dmg

If this sounds somewhat strange, it's probably best to wait for someone from the community to provide you with new builds on the ATV. Tsf42m might be the right guy to poke (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44301)

cheers,
mdd

Yes my nightly's do 10.4.
TheQuestor Wrote:Yes my nightly's do 10.4.

Great. Maybe something to add to your build notes?

Any special reason you rar them? Doesn't seem to decrease size.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Great. Maybe something to add to your build notes?

Any special reason you rar them? Doesn't seem to decrease size.

Because my download counter expects all my archives to be in rar format. Just how I wrote it last year, and I have no real reason to change, at least not at the moment.
Something messed up when running the script. Here is my terminal output:

-bash-2.05b$ chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update.sh
-bash-2.05b$ ./xbmc-9.04_update.sh XBMC.dmg
Installing from diskimage XBMC.dmg
Password:
fChecksumming Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)...
Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0): verified CRC32 $BC4BB8D5
Checksumming Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)...
ron Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1): verified CRC32 $88107339
Checksumming disk image (Apple_HFS : 2)...
disk image (Apple_HFS : 2): verified CRC32 $1F310AD7
Checksumming (Apple_Free : 3)...
(Apple_Free : 3): verified CRC32 $00000000
verified CRC32 $3B506195
/dev/disk3 Apple_partition_scheme
/dev/disk3s1 Apple_partition_map
/dev/disk3s2 Apple_HFS /Volumes/XBMC 2

ls
"disk1" unmounted.
"disk1" ejected.
osx_gl_fullscreen present in advancedsettings.xml
chown: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy: No such file or directory
I am not sure on how to edit posts....sorry for the double post here. When I try to run the script now I am getting this error.

-bash-2.05b$ ./xbmc-9.04_update.sh XBMC.dmg
Installing from diskimage XBMC.dmg
Password:
/dev/disk3 Apple_partition_scheme
/dev/disk3s1 Apple_partition_map
/dev/disk3s2 Apple_HFS /Volumes/XBMC 2
rm: /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC.app: No such file or directory
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory
osx_gl_fullscreen present in advancedsettings.xml
chown: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy: No such file or directory
rm: /Users/frontrow/Movies/XBMC: No such file or directory
I was able to get it updated. MiniMeedia shows a distorted background. I am working on fixing that now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing latest SVN build on Apple TV.0