[QUESTION] How can I easiest add two different mods that edit the same XML files?
Question 
I am curious the best way to go about added mods that require that you overwrite the same files. There are several great mods out there but I am not sure how to incorporate all of them in Aeon without breaking one or the other since a few of them have made changes to the save files.
Your going to need to use notepad++ or similar program, compare the two files and take the relevant changes from both and apply to said xml. It can be quite tricky but xml is very flexible and once you get your head around the basics its all trial and error
Use something capable of generating a unified diff (diff -u on linux) to compare each "mod" to the original file and generate a patch. Then apply both.

You people releasing "mod"s should be doing so with diffs anyway so users can easily apply/revert them as they see fit.
I use WinMerge-2.12.2 for windows it makes the job a lot easier. it cmpares the two files and highlites all differences between the two and you just tell it what or all to copy to your original file. just google for it it's a great toolSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[QUESTION] How can I easiest add two different mods that edit the same XML files?0