Aeon MQ3: Order of main menu items
Hi,

first of all: Aeon MQ3 is absolutely fantastic, especially the possibility to customize the main menu with video playlists.

But one question: is it possible to change the order of the main menu items without hacking in the XML files? For instance I'd like to have a customized main menu entry at the first position when XBMC starts...

If it is only possible with editing the XML skin files...in which file is the main menu and where do i have to change the order in this file?

Thank you and a merry christmas...ciao Louis
I too would like to know how to do this.
I found this in the forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tem&page=2

It's for MQ2 which has a very different XML structure, but maybe it will give you some ideas. I'm playing around with it right now. Unfortunately for us all, I'm a total XML n00b. Wink

I'll post back here if I get it figured out.
Doh! I just realized I'd forgotten to write back on this subject. It's actually a piece of cake. Thanks Sundance for sending me down the right path.

1. Decide where you want everything and write it out on a piece of paper. The reason for this is that the third item in your list will be the default menu selection, so you may have move several elements around. At least for me, this made things easier.

2. Browse to the skin's directory and open the "includes.xml" file. If you're using Windows 7, it's in "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p\." In the "includes.xml" file, you're interested in two sections: "Home Dharma/Eden Menu" and "Home Menu". The first section has the main entries like Movies, Music, etc. The second has the custom stuff in it like Favorites X, Add-ons X, etc.

3. In the "Home Menu" section, find the object you want to move and cut everything between the <item id="??"></item> tags. In the case of the "Favorites 1" menu option, that would be:

Code:
<item id="31"><!-- custom favourite 1 -->
    <label fallback="31021">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite1Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite1),true)</visible>
  </item>

4. Go back up to the "Home Dharma/Eden Menu" section. There are two subsections in here, one for Dharma and one for Eden, so make sure you're editing the correct one. I'm using Eden. You'll see a list of objects in there that corresponde to the menu selections on the nav bar. Simply paste your cut text where you want it to go in that list. I'll post this section of my edited file here. My system has "Favorite 1" as the default selection, with "Settings" and "Shutdown" to the left.

Code:
<include name="homemenu_edenmode">
  <item id="9"><!-- settings -->
    <label fallback="31006">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSettings_Label)]</label>
    <include>SettingBackdrop</include>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(settings)</onclick>
    <visible>!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSettings),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="22"><!-- shutdown -->
    <label fallback="31009">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomShutdown_Label)]</label>
    <include>ShutDownBackdrop</include>
    <onclick>Shutdown()</onclick>
    <visible>!SubString(Skin.String(DisableShutdown),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="31"><!-- custom favourite 1 -->
    <label fallback="31021">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite1Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite1_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite1),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="32"><!-- custom favourite 2 -->
    <label fallback="31022">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite2_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite2Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite2_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite2_path)]</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customFavouriteWindow,Favourite2_Background)</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite2),true)</visible>
  </item>

Hope this is enough to get you going in the right direction.
How to do it in the second profile?
I have two profiles: in the first everything is OK, I want to change only the second.
Where to find the file for editing for the second profile?
Is it it done in the same file - includes.xml?
Thanks for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ3: Order of main menu items0